• Lisa

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
continued from here Same rules as before, computer with the most votes leaves the tribe.

To recap: The disastrous Apple III is quickly removed from tribe Classics, with three votes, though the Lisa was not far behind, with 2. Last but not least, the Apple I, with one vote.

# voted out. model (votes)

1. Apple III (3)

EDIT: added recap. Cool, my 100th post, finally. :)

My vote goes to the Lisa.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
how can everyone vote lisa off the island? this is like the most innovative microcomputer of all time. But alas...I guess the choices are hard anyways.

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Sorry Lisa, although you were revolutionary you got to go.
looking forward to next round;)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by mc68k
how can everyone vote lisa off the island? this is like the most innovative microcomputer of all time. But alas...I guess the choices are hard anyways.
i factor cost in, too...and so did the consumers so instead of taking apple to another level, it just cost the company a lot of money

i thought the cube was super innovative and powerful for its time, but i think it was a little too pricey for the market at the time...but what a great space saver it was...and quiet, too

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Re: Apple IIc

Originally posted by vitruvius
i had an Apple IIc when i was a boy, and it had a very well depeloped design, i love the keyboard/cpu integration:)
I used one in Kindergarten, worked fairly well. Loved playing Oregon Trail on it. That and the IIgs. Now THAT was a computer (back then).

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by jefhatfield

i factor cost in, too...and so did the consumers so instead of taking apple to another level, it just cost the company a lot of money
Yeah, if you look at it from a price standpoint, it definitely was the worst almost of all time for Apple. But they were not selling to the consumers but instead to businesses. The Macintosh was the consumer machine. LISA had robust memory, pre-emptive multitasking, GUI, etc. but was ahead of its time and the market was not ready for it.

But I knew the LISA would go anyways. One of the Apple //'s will remain in the end. Those are among the best microcomputers in history IMHO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.