• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Ladies and gentlemen, the results are finally in: the 3rd member to leave the tribe is... The Apple //c+ after losing a deadlock vote to the Apple I. The final tally: 7 votes for the //c+, 5 for the I.

1. Apple III (3)
2. Lisa (5)
3. Apple //c+ (4 + 7 = 11)

You can now vote for:

Apple I
Apple ][
Apple ][+
Apple //c
Apple //e
Apple //gs

My vote goes to the ][+

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
Anybody catch that note about the Apple I selling for only $14,000? It said that they were selling for around $50,000 until recently.
Perhaps this thread is adversely affecting it's value?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by SPG
Anybody catch that note about the Apple I selling for only $14,000? It said that they were selling for around $50,000 until recently.
I don't think they got the word out. There were only a few bidders on the thing. Still, I can't imagine spending that much on a computer that I wouldn't even use....

My vote still goes to the Apple I - give it the boot.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by SPG
This thread has nothing to do with it. Auction prices can be low, true value, or high. Just look at e-bay. 14K is about the same price that one sold for while back-- 19K.

50K is just INSANE. That's just inflated bidding. i don't know ehere that one was sold, but there must have been some strong competition. I thought that this one would have fetched like 25K becuase it was sold at the VCF and the fact that it was brought to working condition. Go figure.

Apple I is just worth a lot because it was the first that Apple made-- not the fact that it actually did much for the history of computing. Give that to the Apple II.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
hey gui,

i like this thread and i am curious to see who wins

i am letting go of the apple I again

it was historically important, but not in any sales way like the others which more people got to own and use

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Thanks for the continues support, jef. Anyway, the polls are closing now. Go to this thread (link coming soon) for the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.