Apple Products Security Flaw

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Aug 22, 2012.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

If all the rumors of the iPhone 5 leaked designs, parts and etc... all came to be true after the announcement, what does it say about the Apple as a company when it comes to protecting it's products and the way they're handling it's top secret products? Is this happening now because Steve is gone :confused: How come Apple is not saying or doing anything nowadays to these supposedly leaked infos? They used to send out cease and desist letters left and right but nowadays they seem pretty quiet.

I mean I think we really didn't get a lot of leaked infos about iPhone 4 till some Apple employee left the prototype in a public place and not like the iPhone 5 where almost everyday new infos are being leaked out. It's fun to read all the rumors about new products coming out of Apple but I would hate to find that their top secret products are no longer secret and it's because of this, competition is taking advantage of Apple.

It's hard to imagine now when it comes time to announce the iPhone 5 that whatever they're showing will be different from the ones that were leaked out already but I'll be glad if the rumors and leaked infos are debunked :p

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Android phones get leaked all the time, via FCC review.

iPhone specs has not been leaked nor has anything been confirmed.

Deal with it.

3. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I work in data loss prevention for one of the worlds largest car companies.

I recently attended a seminar where screen captures were made by a demonstrator wearing concealed cameras in both his tie and a camera contained in his spectacles.

The camera was little more than the diameter of a pin head and guess which country they were made in?

I find it astonishing that there aren't hundreds of detailed high resolution photos of new products the instant assembly begins.

Covert cameras contained in rings, earrings, clothing and everyday articles are not hard to source.

4. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

True, but facing the risk of being thrown out when caught, many people still think twice. Losing one's job is the last thing anybody needs.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Also those covert cameras cost a lot of money compared to what those factory workers make.

6. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Entering the facility where the next iPhone is manufactured with a camera would be virtually impossible unless you corrupted the security company.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

How many people's hand do you suppose touch an iPhone before it reaches yours? Based on your comments, I'm guessing 5.

Secondly bringing SJ into this is ignorant and naive. You are aware of the current CEO's resume, aren't you? I would assume as much because to make such comments before knowing his history as a COO, and operations manager, and the guy who is basically in charge of the industrial supply chain, would be asinine. Don't you think?

I hafts start drinking my coffee before I jump on here in the mornings...

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Sorry. I do not see anything here enough to call it a "security flaw".

By now, the number of people that have exposure to this product is easily in the thousands. The number of departments, companies, countries involved is massive. Stuff happens.

As to Jobs vs Cook - who REALLY knows who led the efforts towards secrecy? Nobody here, that is for sure. If anyone thinks ONE person can really manage the entire process needs serious reality check.

In the end, it is just another phone thing. Millions and millions of them are going to be made.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Apple does not produce the iPhone. Apple literally relies on 100's of different companies with 10,000's of people involved all over the world to produce the parts. Many of these people want to be the first to "spill the beans" and with the internet it only requires a camera/phone and 5 seconds. There is no way to control all the steps involved.

10. onepremiere macrumors regular

Exactly, thousands of people are handling these parts, its only a matter of time before pieces begin "falling-off-the-line", it's nearly impossible to prevent, especially when the product is so highly sought after. I am sure there has been some compensation to whomever acquired pieces of the new phone...