Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erickg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
Edit: JasonL brought it to my attention that it might not be allowed/appreciated by Apple for others to use my promotional code. I took it away now. Sorry!

JasonL

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2004
Ware, MA
Well that's awfully nice of you. I hope you can't get in trouble for that, though.

I got an email the other day from Apple offering me $30 off of (IIRC) a $300 or more purchase.

erickg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
JasonL said:
Well that's awfully nice of you. I hope you can't get in trouble for that, though.

I got an email the other day from Apple offering me $30 off of (IIRC) a $300 or more purchase.

You're right... I didn't think of that... :rolleyes: ... Maybe I should take it off... is there any way of doing that?

E.

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
erickg said:
You're right... I didn't think of that... :rolleyes: ... Maybe I should take it off... is there any way of doing that?

E.

I got a phone call from Apple, they had a survey about my now 2 year old iBook. After completion (and many glowing words from me) they offered me a $100 discount on my next purchase of $300 or more. I almost crapped because I had up on my screen an order for a iMac G5.

Coincidence? Or has Apple installed tracking software on my laptop? :D You decide... =P

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
I've done many surveys and have bought many products from Apple and I've never been given one of these Promotional Codes. Maybe I spend too much money with them so they feel they do not need to:)

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Edu. store just sent out $75 promo codes for the store birthday...

sgarringer- did you have applecare on that ibook? that could be why the gave you the discount. i've been survey (without applecare) and have never been offered anything.

peace.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
neut said:

Really? Are you on a particular e-mail list of theirs? I'm on at least one, and I didn't get any promo code. :(

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
dotnina said:
Really? Are you on a particular e-mail list of theirs? I'm on at least one, and I didn't get any promo code. :(

possibly.. it could just be a faculty list (though im not faculty... i check out the edu store once in awhile to see discounts and offerings). i could PM you the code or post it if it's generic. i don't have it with me (left the mac at home this moring).

peace.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I remember getting a discount code a while back. The catch was that you had to spend $350 first.

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
neut said:

sgarringer- did you have applecare on that ibook? that could be why the gave you the discount. i've been survey (without applecare) and have never been offered anything.

peace.

No applecare. I was very nice to the guy and at the end asked if Apple could offer anything because I was pricing different computers. He offered $100 discount. =D

JasonL

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2004
Ware, MA
I have used the educational store quite a bit this year and have AppleCare on my PB. Still, I only got the $30 coupon code in recognition of the birthday. :confused:

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
good samaritans?

would anyone mind posting an edu promo code you probably won't use?
Would love to get a jump on early xmas gifts ...

PM me!

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
djkny said:
would anyone mind posting an edu promo code you probably won't use?
Would love to get a jump on early xmas gifts ...

PM me!

you can have mine if dotnina doesn't want it.now that i look at it it's a code for $75 off $750 or more. it's only good till the 25th.

peace.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
neut said:
you can have mine if dotnina doesn't want it.now that i look at it it's a code for $75 off $750 or more. it's only good till the 25th.

peace.

Thanks neut ... feel free to pass the code along to anyone who wants it. I'm really not in the market for anything (or am I!? ;) ok, I'm not); I was just curious about who gets these special e-mails, and why. :)

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
I got one for $100 off a purchase of $700 or more. I'll be taking advantage of that and getting myself the FCP Production Suite for only $1199!

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
jrv3034 said:
I got one for $100 off a purchase of $700 or more. I'll be taking advantage of that and getting myself the FCP Production Suite for only $1199!

<drool.. >

that would be awesome. i just bought a G5 and can only afford motion and an upgrade to FCXpress2. :( still motion will be so much fun! i think FCP is a total over-kill for me right now, but it would be nice to get used to the environment. i will have to shell out for DVD Pro unless iDVD's authoring is good enough (i have yet to use it). i've been doing most of my video work on PC (Vegas), but i am eager to use the G5 to create everything with now.

peace.

jonjon

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2004
Bronx, NY
Anybody have a promotional code that they won't be using before the expiration date?

I'm trying to hook up a PC user who wants to switch. He's tired of the constant virus/spyware/malware attacks and is always envious at how easy a Mac gets things done.

Mac users of the world UNITE!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.