Apple Quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spades1412, Sep 25, 2012.

1. spades1412 macrumors 6502

Who else here has never had to visit an Apple Genius Bar?

I have been an Apple customer now for 5 years and have never had to visit a Genius Bar. In this time I've owned an iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4s, and now 5. I've also owned an iPad 1 and now a 2, a few different iPods, Apple TV 2, and a 2011 MacBook Pro. All these devices used by myself or someone in my immediate family.

In this time and with this many product, I have not had a single problem requiring a visit to Apple.

anyone else?

2. richpuer macrumors 6502

It's basically a big ass microchip connected to a battery and encased in a metal shell. What could possibly go wrong?? Not like its mechanical or anything

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I've only gone for a third of my Mac gadgets. Which is still great considering that I'm a heavy user.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The only time I had to visit the Apple Genius Bar was when I wanted to do an out of warranty replacement on friends and family members iphones.
    Cracked screens, cracked back, liquid damage by putting it in the washer. You name it:D All users fault and not defects.
    Sometimes they even let me get away without paying the fee, other times just charged me the $79 battery replacement fee.
    They sure know how to take care of their customers.

5. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

I have been to the Apple Store Genius Bar on several occasions.

First - iPhone 1 - power button stopped working - Free replacement
    Second - Dropped iPod 4th gen - shattered screen - Free replacement
    Third - Dropped iPod 4th gen - shattered screen - $99 replacement
    Forth - iPod 4th gen - home button stopped working - no replacement

Also I have dropped two 17" MacBook Pros, but I repaired them myself.

The Titanium Mac ProBook, had issues with case separation and busted latches, detaching hinges. They went through a lot of use though.

I say, that Apple technology is top tier in construction, and looks, but over the years they have had issues and they are not the best manageable.

Anyone remember the stinky keyboard iBooks, that smelled like B.O. after a couple of years?

Some funny issues, yes.