Apple rejects iPhone 5 battery replacement because it is bent!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by koppie644, Aug 29, 2014.

1. koppie644 macrumors regular

I just came back from the Apple Store and they said that because my iPhone 5 is slightly bent, it got disqualified from the Iphone 5 battery replacement program. It is rediculous! The serial number is eligible and they did a test which says it needs to replaced, but the phone is bent ...

2. cynics macrumors G4

That is strange. Maybe there is some liability they don't want to take on. Like opening a bent phone may break something else or make it very difficult to reassemble.

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

4. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Ironically, if an iPhone 5 is bent and there is no sign of damage, it's actually a covered issue if you're in warranty. They are known to bend way too easily.

If you're out of warranty, they're probably just worried about breaking something else in there. Give apple CR a ring and I imagine they'll replace the phone for you.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

try again, go another day or time (avoid the douche who rejected you)... or try like 10 apple stores.

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I thought Apple embraced diversity? Bent or straight. All are welcome?

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I can't blame Apple for not wanting to take apart a bent phone. Just getting it back together would possibly be a problem.

8. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

their boss is bent as a 2 dollar bill.. they should.