Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 With Home Screen Redesign, App Library, Compact UI, Translate App, Scribble Support, App Clips, and More

phillytim

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
How do you disable widgets? i used to be able to see everything in one glace with a swipe right. now i have big ass widgets which take up more room on my screen but i now have scroll down to see the same info as i did in one glace in iOS 13..
Yeah I really HATE how big the task buttons have become in the Shortcuts widget. Now most of my shortcuts don't fit in the widget, and the widget isn't scrollable.

Reactions: AussieStu

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Thanks for your input. Would you mind posting here again if you find any more bugs mentioned anywhere? :)
Well, this is a definite bug.

With this, and others odd behaviors...I expect a patch fix soon. Maybe???
Whatever the case, I've decided to hold off updating until the new patch at the earliest.

Reactions: jon08

hbmex

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
Huntington Beach
I don't think that is true. I remember the inability of adding widgets to home screen was one of the things that was different than iOS. And 9to5Mac also says:

iPadOS 14 arrives with the new widgets that have landed with iOS 14 (however they are limited to the Today View )

It is true. Like I said, when I set my iPad up as a new device I was able to add widgets to my home screen. I then reset the iPad and restored using an iCloud backup. Now the widgets features doesn’t work. It’s a bug Apple would need to address if its a widespread problem.

burghcoder

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2020
So, after updating all of my devices, I am getting the following popup message on all of my devices about a site I have never been to before. Anyone else getting this?

View attachment 954211
I found this address used for one of my subscribed iCloud calendars. It was a calendar for movies releases, not really relevant at this point. I unsubscribed.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
The App Library still feels like a complete nightmare...wish they gave you the choice how you want the apps to appear.
If that's what you want you might as well just stick to Folders. No offence, I have both, folders for like things I want to keep together like Bank apps, Photography, Cycling related apps and media etc. I have one standard Home page, one page of Folders and the rest I leave to the Library. I particularly like the way it keeps most used apps in each classification on top. I used to have 7 pages of apps before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.