Apple Releases New Firmware for AirPods 2 and AirPods Pro

terraboy

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2020
Hey, how's it going, new here.

I've had my 1st gen airpods for over a year and I really love them, only issue I had was that by the end the battery started dying sooner, but it's expected.

Got my airpods pro a few weeks ago and so far, I'm enjoying them. I can feel like the right side wants to come out (but it never does), but it's fine on my left side. My ears are just shaped weird I guess.

The problem I've been noticing is that lately when both airpods are in the case (and the case being fully or pretty close to charged), only one airpod gets the full charge while the other doesn't. It doesn't happen all the time, but I've been noticing it more and more.

Last week, my right side was at 10% while my left was 100% and my case was 88% and now this week it's the opposite side now.

I opened the case and pulled out the one with the low battery, put it back in, and all of the sudden it started charging it again (and pretty fast too).

My old airpods never had that kind of problem before (especially not in the first few weeks of having them.)

Has anyone out there had the same problems with their airpods pro and if so, do you know what's wrong with them.

I checked and the firmware on them say 2C54 so I think they are the latest firmware.

Thanks!

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
My AirPods 2 have firmware version 2A364, and it's been like that for weeks, any idea how to force the firmware update? i tried everything but still i have the version 2A364

Reactions: Timo Zikeli

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
I was chatting with Apple and this is what they said:

"I am seeing that 2C54 or 2A364 is the current version as of 12/16/19,"

"I assure you that the version you have is the current version, both 2C54 and 2A364 are for the 2nd generation."

"Both are current, I have triple checked."

WTF?!!?!?!?!?!!?

curtis242

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2017
England
My AirPods 2 have firmware version 2A364, and it's been like that for weeks, any idea how to force the firmware update? i tried everything but still i have the version 2A364
i'm having the same issue as you, i've had the AirPods 2 for about 3 days but nothing. the other issues i've had is the double tapping hardly ever works and the battery drain is unreal they maybe last about 2 1/2 hours at most before i get the second chime to say i need to charge them. will the firmware update help with these issues or do you guys think they are faulty?

jmash74

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2019
I was on an Apple support chat today asking for help installing the update 2C54. Agent said my firmware version 2A364 is the latest. He basically said that is the official word from Apple and that there is no update to install at this time.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
I was on an Apple support chat today asking for help installing the update 2C54. Agent said my firmware version 2A364 is the latest. He basically said that is the official word from Apple and that there is no update to install at this time.
Hmmm....I haven’t seen anyone reference that firmware version. But then again I stopped following these threads and am just waiting for them to release and update. Doesn’t seem they are in any hurry.

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
I had to share a link that mentions the 2C54 update with Apple support, they replied they can't check external links lol!

It's time for Apple to take firmware seriously and show us a clear way to download those

pettit03

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2009
I had to share a link that mentions the 2C54 update with Apple support, they replied they can't check external links lol!

It's time for Apple to take firmware seriously and show us a clear way to download those
The update was pulled so 2C54 is no longer the latest firmware.

Jutah

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
My opinion.

Sad to say so but my hopes about an improvement in mic audio quality and anc are gone.

Current ANC level and Mic audio quality are the probably their standard. We won’t never see any update specifically addressed to those issues.

Bummer.

We'll see upgrade of course, but they will fix all the glitch and bugs that 2b588 has.

I have my last 5 days to return, really don't know what to do.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
I love my APP's. Maybe the ANC could be better? Maybe it was better on release? I don't know what I don't know. I've really enjoyed these and if/when they release new FW and it's better, bonus. These are keepers.