Apple Releases Third Public Betas of iOS 13 and iPadOS

Explorz

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Interesting. So on older iMacs that are not able to use Catalina are you saying I just need to delete my Reminders app, forever?
Reminders gave you the option to upgrade or not. Upgrading means that you upgraded reminders to a state that will not work with older operating systems. That's why the warning was there about the effects of upgrading. I haven't upgraded my reminders on iPad OS 13 because all my other devices are running current software and not betas. So, my reminders works across all devices.

Reactions: sbailey4

redakula

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2008
Denmark
Damn... Where did the open in new tab option go in safari?
Kind of breaks a major part of safari - hope it's a bug and not on purpose!

Explorz

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
This is going to freak a lot of people out in September when they realize all their devices won't sync reminders. Am I right?
Not if they heed the warning about upgrading Reminders. You don't have to upgrade reminders. It is a choice.

Rellypatricio

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2017
Now I wish I didn’t update yikes more buggy than the previous I think I’ll downgrade back to iOS 12 ugh :(

Alpyle

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2016
I’ve been running beta 13 on my iPad since the first public release. Mail app acts quirky so times and the first one bricked the iPad on about the third day. Connected to ITunes and was expecting to have to do a factory reset and restore but as soon as it connected to ITunes, I was able to reboot and it’s been fine ever since. This 3rd one is amazingly fast as is TvOS. Still not brave enough to put it on phone yet but am dying to.

nauf8

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2016
Re-arrange apps is still very buggy. Many apps ( especially “Find My”) refuse to be moved to a different location. The screen freezes and it takes several pushes to the home button to stop it (8 plus). I reported this since public beta 1 in the feedback assistant and I haven’t seen reports on similar issues by other users.
Forgot to say that “Find My” lost (at least until PB3) its widget

Reactions: theman510

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2017
Florida
This is going to freak a lot of people out in September when they realize all their devices won't sync reminders. Am I right?
True, but most people would have a device that can update to the newest version. iOS 13 goes all the way back to the iPhone 6s, macOS Catalina goes back to the 2012 MacBook’s, and I’m pretty sure watchOS 6 supports the Series 1 Apple Watches. So I don’t really see that being an issue, unless people refuse to update.

ericg301

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Reminders gave you the option to upgrade or not. Upgrading means that you upgraded reminders to a state that will not work with older operating systems. That's why the warning was there about the effects of upgrading. I haven't upgraded my reminders on iPad OS 13 because all my other devices are running current software and not betas. So, my reminders works across all devices.
same here. haven't upgraded mine either.

curious if 3rd party apps that utilize reminders, like Fantastical, will be able to utilize the new format

Tivoli_

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2017
Does anyone know the over-Wi-Fi-update sequence? I need to know when I can step away from the Internet. There is the downloading part, but then "Preparing Update", followed by "Verifying Update". Through these stages sometimes I see the downloading icon still spinning (in the top menu bar close to the Wi-Fi icon). At what point does an iPhone/iPad not need an Internet connection to complete upgrading iOS?

paulchat55

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
Colorado
Trying to install this beta. I have the same problem i had with the first two betas. It goes through the process but then stops with just the Apple logo. I have it hooked up to my Mac and it shows that iOS 13 is installed. Any thoughts? I know i requested the iPadOS profile.
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 13.47.41.png

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
Following this thread closely as I want to install tonight. Might try my iPad mini 4 first before putting on my XS Max.

one more

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
How stable is it at this point?

Still a lot of app incompatibility / crashing / etc?
This is a good place to check:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-13-beta-4-―-bug-fixes-changes-and-improvements.2190239/
[doublepost=1563482549][/doublepost]
Id like to know this as well
Check this dedicated thread out, lots of feedback:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-13-beta-4-―-bug-fixes-changes-and-improvements.2190239/
[doublepost=1563482876][/doublepost]
Why even have a separate dev and public beta if there's only 1 day difference in release.
Depending on the beta cycle’s maturity, the gap between the DB and PB can also be longer, as it was the case just recently. For the final betas just before the official release, the gap between them can be as short as 1 hour. Developers are naturally more savvy in troubleshooting messed-up releases, whereas general public folks who decide to take a beta for a ride on their main device are usually much less forgiving when things go wrong. And being beta and all, things do go wrong...

Last edited:
Reactions: M5RahuL

Vjosullivan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
I'm so proud of Apple for creating these incredibly powerful new operating systems for iPhone and iPad.
I'm loving everything about iOS and iPadOS 13.
There are some nice UI features in the beta but I'm not sure that there's anything that would justify the "incredibly powerful new operating systems" tag. Could you elaborate?

itsmeaustend

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2016
There are some nice UI features in the beta but I'm not sure that there's anything that would justify the "incredibly powerful new operating systems" tag. Could you elaborate?
Really? New multitasking features, USB/SMB support, those alone make it an incredibly powerful update which can breathe new life into iPads and enable many more professionals to make the switch. Not to mention the new controller support which'll open up a whole new world of gaming on iPad...

Reactions: ipedro

Springman

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2013
Wow, no Safari is snappier comments :)? Been running beta 2 on my 12.9 3rd gen iPad pro for a couple of week and just downloaded beta 3. Overall pretty stable - we use G Suite products at work and they have been a little buggy with G Drive crashes, but overall pretty stable. But am waiting until Gold Masters are released to upgrade my iPhone XS Max and MacBook Pro since they are my primary workhorses.

spudWorks

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2018
Hamburg, Germany
This has been the buggiest release I can remember.

A lot of things that were working in past betas are not working now.

I would advice people to hold off on this beta. But thats just me. :)
No offense, but I think you weren't a part of the iOS 10 program. Because that made my 9.7" IPP almost unusable for much of the program. I've had iPadOS PB2 on the same device for over a week and it's amazing. Honestly, it's almost everything I've wanted the iPad to be. There are definitely bugs, I encountered more than a few tonight, but the potential is amazing and the reality hasn't been that bad so far either.