Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

applewatch2-250x296.jpg
Apple today released a new software update for the Apple Watch, upgrading watchOS 2 to version 2.0.1. The update comes one month after Apple first released watchOS 2 to the public with new features like Nightstand mode, native apps, new watch faces, and more.

The 2.0.1 update can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software Update. To install the update, the Apple Watch must have 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the iPhone. watchOS 2.0.1 requires iOS 9.1 or iOS 9.0.2 to be installed on the iPhone.
This update contains new emoji characters, performance improvements, and bug fixes, including:

- Fixes an issue that could cause software updates to stall
- Fixes issues that were impacting battery performance
- Resolves an issue that prevented a managed iPhone from syncing iOS Calendar events to Apple Watch
- Addresses an issue that could prevent location information from properly updating
- Fixes an issue that could cause Digital Touch to send from an email address instead of a phone number
- Addresses an issue that could cause instability when using a Live Photo as a watch face
- Resolves an issue that allows the sensors to stay on indefinitely when using Siri to measure heart rate
The watchOS 2.0.1 update includes a whole slew of bug fixes, as listed above, and it also includes support for the new emoji also made available in OS X with 10.11.1 El Capitan and iOS with iOS 9.1.

Article Link: Apple Releases WatchOS 2.0.1 Update for Apple Watch With Multiple Bug Fixes

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Surprised there was no beta on this first. I guess they are more confident this go around.

cogitodexter

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
Naaaaaaarfolk, England
UK here.... nothing available to download either.

Maybe Apple are phasing things across the planet? Hopefully it won't go the way of Android though, where an update gets released and it takes a fortnight for a Stock Android Nexus to actually find it.

Reactions: thekeyring

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Funny thing is,I just dropped off my Apple Watch at the Apple Store on Monday for "battery issues". I was loosing 5% every 15 minutes. I wonder if this would've fixed it?
Now I'll get it back in 3-5 days. :(

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Update my phone - check
Update my ipad - check
Update my watch - in progress

- Fixes issues that were impacting battery performance

This is what I am looking forward to. :)

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I want to update but I'm taking a chance with my Activity info. I have missed a perfect month two different months because I was updating or pairing again or something and it lost the day prior. Not saying that will happen here but with 10 days left in the month, I'm thinking about waiting until next month for this update.

....unless a few of you can verify your Activity data made it though the update without issue.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Finally! The initial release was very buggy. Hopefully this speeds my Watch back up to at least the speed it was at on the first watch OS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.