Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released watchOS 3.1.3, an update that follows the watchOS 3.1.1 update that was released on December 12 but pulled later that same day due to installation issues.

watchOS 3.1.3 can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software Update. To install the update, the Apple Watch must have 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the iPhone. An iPhone running iOS 10 or later is required to download the new software, but it is available for all Apple Watch models.

watchOS-3.1.3.jpg

No significant changes or feature additions were discovered in watchOS 3.1.3, but presumably, it fixes the 3.1.1 installation issues that were bricking some Apple Watch Series 2 models, allowing customers who did not get a chance to download 3.1.1 to finally get the bug fixes included in that update.

watchOS 3.1.1 included several bug fixes for Messages, notifications, Activity, Maps, Calendar, and more.

There was no watchOS 3.1.2 update, as Apple appears to have gone straight to watchOS 3.1.3.

Article Link: Apple Finally Releases New Apple Watch Update, watchOS 3.1.3

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
I'll jump on it, since the tracking of my Exercise, Move and (just today) Stand has been spotty at best.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I still have no :apple: watch
So I guess you did not have any bricking issues then. :p

Mine is installing as I type. The only complaint I have so far is how long these installs take. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Update -- fully loaded now. No issues so far.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Series 0 is currently installing. I had zero issues with 3.1.1.

On a side note, 3.1.1 when first released was primarily affecting Series 2 owners. Reports from other forum members were stating the update was bricking the device due to the GPS function or some element with the GPS.

I rarely read any issues with First Gen Watch owners experiencing issues with 3.1.1 as Series 2 were experiencing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.