Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
The same thing is happening to me... Very frustrating. While downloading it a second time, it came up a few times stating the download was paused until I connected to Wifi. I am sitting in my house working at home... I have wifi... After babysitting it for over an hour and watching it 'process' the update, it failed again stating it could not verify as I wasn't connected to wifi. I'm on my third try now with turning BT off. I contacted Apple about the issue. Their only suggestion was to try wiping the watch and then updating...
Just gotta stick with it. I wasn't sure about the proper way to turn off BT. The Watch app won't work if BT is off, so I figured to leave BT on until I launch the app, then turn it off. Or am I supposed to not mess with BT on the iPhone and turn off BT on the watch? It did not seem much faster with BT off on the phone. Download took a long time still.

Doesn't matter though, as I'm up and running now.

Good luck!

pruitts

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2015
Just gotta stick with it. I wasn't sure about the proper way to turn off BT. The Watch app won't work if BT is off, so I figured to leave BT on until I launch the app, then turn it off. Or am I supposed to not mess with BT on the iPhone and turn off BT on the watch? It did not seem much faster with BT off on the phone. Download took a long time still.

Doesn't matter though, as I'm up and running now.

Good luck!
So, with BT off, I was able to get passed Preparing and Verifying. The download still took forever... Once verifying was finished, I was prompted to put the watch on its charger to continue. I did that and the status changed to Installing. However, nothing has changed on the watch (same display when the screen is tapped while charging) or the phone and it has been 45 minutes. Typically, you would see the circle graph showing the progress of the install. Not sure what is going on now.

sparkinstx

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone managed to get hand washing working on their S5?

No luck here.
I went on the Apple Feedback Web page last night and reported it for my S4. They don't do a very good job of keeping that page updated - the latest WatchOS in the drop-down list is 6.11, and the latest iOS is 13.5. I figure they'll push out a WatchOS update soon, and tweak the handwashing app. I'll probably end up turning it off if it runs over and over when washing dishes.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
The Watch 7 upgrade keeps timing out and I have to install over. I thought I had WatchOS 7 when I tried to install it the first time and didn't realize the update failed. I am going to keep trying everyday 4 or 5 times until it works.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
So, with BT off, I was able to get passed Preparing and Verifying. The download still took forever... Once verifying was finished, I was prompted to put the watch on its charger to continue. I did that and the status changed to Installing. However, nothing has changed on the watch (same display when the screen is tapped while charging) or the phone and it has been 45 minutes. Typically, you would see the circle graph showing the progress of the install. Not sure what is going on now.
Did it finish? I remember that I would check my Watch app on my iPhone for status updates, and it did take a long time once the download was finished.

Anyways, hope you're rocking watchOS 7 now!

TheBump

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2020
Well, I updated mine this morning in minutes.... Simply waited half a day, no problems. Cheers all!

dsabathi

macrumors member
May 8, 2019
My Series3 is rebooting once or twice a day since I installed WatchOS7. Anyone else with this issue?

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
what % was the battery at when you put it in the charger? watchOS updates require it to be on the charger and at 50%+ battery, so if your battery was below 50% it will just charge until it reaches that before starting the update.

pruitts

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2015
what % was the battery at when you put it in the charger? watchOS updates require it to be on the charger and at 50%+ battery, so if your battery was below 50% it will just charge until it reaches that before starting the update.
Thanks for the reply. The watch was fully charged. I had just taken it off the charger after being on there over night. After rebooting the watch, I tried starting the install directly from the watch. It stated it was already up to date. I checked the OS level and it indeed showed 7... My phone however was still showing Installing. I worked with Apple and they had me clear my Settings on my phone (which I really didn't want to do). However, once the phone rebooted, this triggered the watch to Sync and after that, all was good. I did spend the next few hours getting my phone back to 'normal' though. Everything is working okay, but definitely the most difficult upgrade I have ever had from Apple.

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
Updated my S5 to watchOS 7 last night and everything went without issue. The update took less than 30 minutes (I don't have an exact time, since I wasn't babysitting it).

kyykesko

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2015
Glad to see there are no useful features added as the removal of force touch destroys the calendar app for me. Now I can't update my iPhone to iOS 14 as keeping it on the older one prevents the Watch from updating, too. Nice. Took less than a year for the Watch 5 to become obsolete. :/

deathnite

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Europe
ECG app is now at version 1.18R395.

watchOS 5.1.2: ECG app v1.1 (initial US release)
watchOS 5.1.3: ECG app v1.2
watchOS 5.2.0: ECG app v1.10 (now available in Europe and Hong Kong)
watchOS 5.2.1: ECG app v1.13 (additional European countries)
watchOS 5.3.0: ECG app v1.18 (now available in Canada and Singapore)
watchOS 5.3.1: ECG app v1.18
watchOS 6.0.0: ECG app v1.30
watchOS 6.0.1: ECG app v1.30
watchOS 6.1.0: ECG app v1.50
watchOS 6.1.1: ECG app v1.51
watchOS 6.1.2: ECG app v1.51
watchOS 6.2.0: ECG app v1.70 (now available in Chile, New Zealand, and Turkey)
watchOS 6.2.1: ECG app v1.70
watchOS 6.2.5: ECG app v1.80 (now available in Saudi Arabia)
watchOS 6.2.6: ECG app v1.80
watchOS 6.2.8: ECG app v1.90 (now available in Bahrain, Brazil, and South Africa)
watchOS 7.0.0: ECG app v1.18R395 (now available in Colombia, Israel, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and United Arab Emirates)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.