Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diepalme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
With the latest macOS 10.12.4 Beta (16E144f) Update the Remote Desktop Admin App refuses to open? Anyone heard of it being EOLd or is there finally going to be some love from Apple for this App again? It is quite old, but some of us still use it..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 16.48.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 16.48.11.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 360

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
With the latest macOS 10.12.4 Beta (16E144f) Update the Remote Desktop Admin App refuses to open? Anyone heard of it being EOLd or is there finally going to be some love from Apple for this App again? It is quite old, but some of us still use it..
There have been occasions in the past where this has happened and required an update to work. We can hope that there's another update coming, but there's no telling with what Apple will do with its "enterprise" software like this.

rheftmann

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2009
ARD update 3.9 for client and admin is causing heartburn among users. I use it for a college teaching studio, or at least I did until the upgrade. The "access denied" problem is wide-spread, stubborn, and disastrous for users like me. There are plenty of solutions floating around but none are as good as pre-upgrade. Rather than waste time scrambling settings in my studio, I'll change teaching techniques, invent new ones, and get plenty of exercise touching all the machines I used to shut down, upgrade, etc. from my computer. Big pain.

Longer Lane

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2015
ARD update 3.9 for client and admin is causing heartburn among users. I use it for a college teaching studio, or at least I did until the upgrade. The "access denied" problem is wide-spread, stubborn, and disastrous for users like me. There are plenty of solutions floating around but none are as good as pre-upgrade. Rather than waste time scrambling settings in my studio, I'll change teaching techniques, invent new ones, and get plenty of exercise touching all the machines I used to shut down, upgrade, etc. from my computer. Big pain.

Are the computer times synchronised?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.