Apple replaced my '07 MBP with the previous MBP two weeks ago...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jreale05, Apr 16, 2010.

1. jreale05 macrumors regular

Apple replace my 2007 (June) MBP with the version just prior to this last update (June 2009 model) on April 7. Any chance Apple would swap me with the brand new MBP or am I just S.O.L. I have heard here of people purchasing MBP (because they were fed up with waiting) a week or two before the updates became public and Apple happily swapped them with the newest version.... Do I give it a shot? Not sure what to do....Thanks in advance.

2. snouter macrumors 6502a

3. cys920622 macrumors member

Kinda sounds like you're lucky to even get the 09 MBP... :p

4. bobbytomorow macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

5. seventy9ers macrumors newbie

The difference would be people who were able to swap to the latest model bought them a week ago like you said... And you bought yours 3 years ago....:rolleyes:

6. harodude macrumors regular

Been through this situation a time before...

Do not even attempt to complain (or insinuate dissatisfaction with your new, good working machine *I hope*), as they went out of their way to exchange the the original in the first place. Enjoy the new one for a while, as I am guessing you were very grateful the second they said "We're gonna go ahead and give you a new one", or however they initiated the exchange process for you...

I felt jipped when it happened with my machine (They setup the CTO order May 30, and the Mid 2009 rev. was released a few days after... My replacement was already on the FedEx Plane while the new new ones were being debuted *man did that hurt, kinda*), but there was really nothing that I could legitimately complain about!

:apple:

7. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

You're very lucky to have your machine replaced in the first place, especially after 3 years. If you really want the latest model, the best thing to do is sell your new replacement and pay the difference to buy the latest model.