iPhone X Apple replaced my iPhone X with a brand new iPhone XS

Ermir444

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2017
Had 4 major repairs with the iPhone X in a period of 6 months. Called Apple Care and told them that i cannot keep receiving defective iPhone X every time and kindly request they give me an iPhone XS. after multiple calls with the manager, she was kind enough to approve it. Brand new iPhone XS in the mail. Never heard this happen before so i thought id share it here

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Had 4 major repairs with the iPhone X in a period of 6 months. Called Apple Care and told them that i cannot keep receiving defective iPhone X every time and kindly request they give me an iPhone XS. after multiple calls with the manager, she was kind enough to approve it. Brand new iPhone XS in the mail. Never heard this happen before so i thought id share it here
For that kind of inconvenience, it’s nice that Apple recognized you with your patience, and they rewarded you with a new iPhone XS. It’s one of the reasons why they retain loyalty with their customers.

Reactions: The Clark

jamezr

macrumors G5
Aug 7, 2011
US
I was given a brand new 15” 2012 MBP Retina (max config) after having multiple issues with my 2012 non retina MBP!
Same here....Apple replaced an 2011 MBP with a 2012 MBP with more ram and a bigger hard drive.
Apple has also not charged me for a broken screen on an 8 Plus. Over the years Apple has done many little things like this for me. They always have great customer service!

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
You had a documented series of defective devices. Apple does this from time to time.

I have a friend who went through six iPhones (5c) in a short amount of time. After the sixth defective device Apple upgraded him to a brand new iPhone 5s. This was back when the 5c and the 5s were the new iPhones.

So, not a new thing, but it is rare. And it's not done unless there is a paper trail showing the issue.

Glad Apple took care of you.