Apple replaced my LCD panel on my 24" LED ACD and now it's yellow

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by VirtualRain, Feb 2, 2011.

1. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Apple just replaced the LCD panel in my 24" LED ACD due to an issue with distorted pixels on the right edge, and when I got it home and hooked it up next to my other display, I immediately noticed it was WAY yellow in comparison.

I took it back today and they are going to replace it again, although the Genius said there's no guarantee it would be any better?! WTF?!

This is terrible. Anyone else had this issue?

Attached Files:

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Sort of, just purchased 2 27s and had mismatch, so went and bought 2 more to ensure the 2 I keep match.

3. Sharky II macrumors 6502a

Sharky II

I think if you show them that picture, it will shut them up. You shouldn't have to put up with that.

My 24" ACD is slightly yellower than my DELL and 2010 MBP Matte (hires), but doesn't look like that picture at all. It's hard to tell without comparing to something else - but as you have a dual display setup it's staring you right in the face all day.

4. andogrando macrumors newbie

I am experiencing the same problem - one display is noticeably more yellow than the other. Unfortunately, the warranty has ran out on the yellow display. (Didn't notice the issue before i bought my second display.)