Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Information regarding Apples recent acquisitions over the last 6 months...... at Macworld.co.uk

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/top_news_item.cfm?NewsID=5100

Full article below........

Apple has detailed its cash-outlays on recent acquisitions in a report filed with the US Security and Exchange Commission.

Emagic, developer of audio solution Logic, was bought for $30 million, while collectively Zayante, Prismo Graphics and Silicon Grail were bought for a total of $21 million.

The cost of motion-graphics developer, Prismo Graphics, and cinema-compositing software developer Silicon Grail, will be amortized over the next three years, while FireWire hardware manufacturer Zayante's price will be amortized over the following decade.

Apple's acquisition of Nothing Real, developer of high-end compositing and visual-effects solution, Shake, will cost the company $15 million in cash over five years.

The release of Shake 2.5 is imminent.

The document also disclosed that Apple is awaiting components it has paid for from an unnamed Asian supplier. In April, the supplier received a $100 million deposit for from Apple for use in its manufacturing in the subsequent nine months.

Apple said that by the end of June, $83 million of the deposit remained unused. However, it was disclosed that Apple expects to the money to be refunded at the end of January 2003 if still unused.

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
hhhmmmm, I wonder what these components are? Maaybe the 17 in iMac screens, that might leave open a shift to all wide displays, as has been previously rumored.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Hey wow, thanks iGAV!!! I'd been looking for that info for a while now. It seems like Apple's purchases were a lot cheaper than I though.
I wonder why Apple is amortizing Zayante for 10 years?
Interesting tidbit nevertheless.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by topicolo
Hey wow, thanks iGAV!!! I'd been looking for that info for a while now. It seems like Apple's purchases were a lot cheaper than I though.
I wonder why Apple is amortizing Zayante for 10 years?
Interesting tidbit nevertheless.

I really didn't do that much...... :p but I aim to please ;) :)

The $100 million bit is very interesting as drastik says!! even weirder though is that $83 million remains unused...... :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.