Apple Secrecy Improved?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuencap, Sep 22, 2013.

1. cuencap macrumors regular

While we definitely saw images/video of the 5C and 5S prior to the September 10 iPhone reveal, I'm impressed and happy that we never saw an accurate image of the new home button of the 5S before being unveiled by Apple. If I remember correctly, there were videos of the 5S, but none of them showed the new home button. We had descriptions of the stainless ring and Touch ID, sure, but images/video are much different.

Here's to hoping for unexpected surprises when it comes to the rumored "iTV" and "iWatch" project details!

Disclaimer: I'm aware that I can avoid these premature unveilings by not visiting this site; I'm simply stating that it's pretty fun to visit this site, "know" what's coming down the pipeline, but yet still get surprised by details that were never fully known.

2. evan3168 macrumors newbie

I think the only way they are going to have truly secret reveals is if they announce the product before it ever goes into production. It's too easy to leak when you're ramping up manufacturing for millions of products.

The original iPhone, however, was announced in January and shipped in June. That gave Apple ample time to ramp up production while developing the product in secret.

3. Blackfalcon7 macrumors newbie

You have to remember that some if not most of these leaks are intentionally done by apple to build their own hype. They can leave certain things to their discretion up until the last minute, which is a pattern that has held in the past.

4. KaijuRed macrumors regular

Do you have any proof?

5. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

The iPhone 5s/5c event wasn't surprising in any way except for maybe the new ringtones in iOS 7 and the cases. Everything else was known beforehand.

EDIT: Actually, I don't think specs leaked at all. And people were sure surprised by the high price of the 5c. ;)

6. Blackfalcon7 macrumors newbie

7. KaijuRed macrumors regular