Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming tvOS 14.3 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after the release of the second beta.

tvOS-14.3-dev-beta-3-feature.jpg

Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the tvOS 14.3 developer beta can be downloaded onto the ‌‌‌‌‌‌Apple TV‌‌‌‌‌‌ via a profile that's installed using Xcode.

Other than new releases, tvOS updates are often minor in scale, focusing on under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements rather than major outward-facing changes. There's no word yet on what's included in tvOS 14.3 update, but we'll update this article should anything new be found. Nothing new was discovered in the first beta.

Though we don't often know what's new in tvOS during the beta testing process, we let MacRumors readers know when new updates are available so those who are developers can download it upon release.

Apple's tvOS 14 update brought expanded Picture in Picture support, new HomeKit integration with HomeKit Secure Video cameras, support for multiple Apple Arcade profiles, and more, with details available in our tvOS 14 roundup.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of tvOS 14.3 Update to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Last edited:

Makaus

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2017
Please fix the low bandwidth on wifi with HP as default output this time.

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2005
Tweaks or updates in tvOS are always so mysterious. Can never find anything good.
I swear the TVOS team just does a pull to latest and then launches their updates as the latest version lol, just sitting around doing nothing.

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
ATV4K still won't play videos that are recorded on iPhone 12 in HDR via AirPlay. Apple lied about this in the event!

stephenjay

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2019
The last update disconnected my bluetooth connected speakers every time the ATV goes to sleep, so I have to reconnect them every time. Really hope it's fixed in this update.

KrispE00

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2016
My audio is silent or really low for the first few seconds after I rewind or skip forward in a tv show. Apple TV 4K -> stereo HomePods. Happens in both theater mode and airplay on both 14.2 and 14.3. Anyone else having this problem?

Makaus

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2017
How can I confirm this? Not sure what to look for/how you know “it’s fixed”.
Take a speed test with the speedtest app or show developer stats in a 4k YouTube video which uses bandwidth around 20-30mbps in my case.

before it was more like 1-3mbps

samevansinworthi

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2018
This has caused a handshake panic on my Apple TV 4K through my eArc soundbar to my LG OLED. Every 5-6 mins anything playing in HDR/DV will go to black screen and pause. Then resume and carry on all washed out until the next handshake issue. Also, lip sync has gone whack than normal.

RoTAM

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2020
Anyone know if Dolby Digital 5.1 when playing from Home Sharing is fixed in this one, or does it still output PCM stereo no matter what “Change Format” setting is selected?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.