Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming iOS 12.3 update to its public beta testing group, one day after seeding the beta to developers and two weeks after releasing the second public beta.

Beta testers who have joined Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 12.3 beta update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on an iOS device.

appletvapp-1-800x780.jpg

Those who want to download the new beta can do so after signing up for the beta program, which gives access to iOS, macOS, and tvOS betas.

iOS 12.3 brings the new TV app that Apple first introduced at its March 25 event. The TV app is an updated version of the original TV app, offering up TV shows, movies, sports, news, and more all in one easy-to-access spot.

The updated TV app has improved content recommendations available through a new "For You" section in the app, which will suggest shows and movies you'll like based on your past watched history.

appletvchannels-1-800x780.jpg

There's also a new feature called Channels. Channels are subscription services that you can sign up for and watch in the TV app without having to open up another app. Some of the new Channels include CBS All Access, Starz, Showtime, HBO, Nickelodeon, Mubi, The History Channel Vault, and Comedy Central Now. During the beta, users can subscribe to Showtime, Starz, Smithsonian, and Tastemade.

In the future, the TV app will also house Apple TV+, Apple's upcoming streaming service for its original TV shows and movies.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Public Beta of iOS 12.3 With New TV App

fortepianissimo

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2015
Does Safari crash with Google as the search suggestion like the dev beta?

Does palm rejection work on iPad Pro?

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
The forums Mac rumors is the only site I've seen that crashes it. And beta 2 has been so so.

Suspended
Aug 29, 2015
It’s a conspiracy against this place haha

Actually I think it was meant to be “log into macrumors.com then click on my user name and click LIKE on all of my recent posts”
It may crash in process as I post a lot :)

Or something like that

jjxt1

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2017
I always wonder are those apple developers really rely on Macrumor to tell them "Apple seeds ? beta iOS ???"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.