Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today held a services-focused event at its Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California, where it unveiled several new services including Apple News+ for subscription news and magazines, Apple TV+ for original TV content, Apple Arcade for App Store games, and Apple Card, a new Apple-branded credit card with special capabilities in wallet.

During the event, Apple showed several videos, all of which have now been uploaded to Apple's YouTube channel. From the opening TV credits video to the ending video with Oprah, everything announced is summed up in these videos.

Of all of the services that Apple announced today, the only one that's available now is Apple News+. You can get Apple News+ after updating to iOS 12.2, which was just recently released. The other services will be available later this year.

The full livestream of Apple's event today can also be re-watched on the Apple Events website, and Apple will likely upload a version to YouTube in the near future.

Article Link: Apple Shares All of the Videos From Today's Services Event Introducing Apple News+, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and Apple Card

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
No wonder all of them tv+, game arcade coming in the fall....remember the ios apps that will merge to macOS?
that is it

Reactions: Colonel Blimp

CarpalMac

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2012
UK
In summary:

giphy.gif

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
Apple is trying really to lock it’s users into the ecosystem with all these subscriptions. I’m waiting for the moment when they announce a actual house to physically lock you in.

CarpalMac

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2012
UK
Yep, that's how Apple makes mad dollas… YouTube subscribers. :confused:
That's the problem with having almost no editing skills, junior school compared to your major league!

Your pointing that out, amuses me to notice that all 7 videos above are hosted by that awful, evil Google. :eek:

Reactions: AngerDanger

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
My glasses and wedding ring are titanium, it is a nice material.

It's a bad idea to have titanium rings. The reason is it may present problems if you ever need the ring removed in an emergency.

Suppose something causes a finger to swell (hit with something, bug bite, infection, etc.) such that you can't take the ring off. If it swells so much that you start to lose circulation, you need to go to the hospital. Most hospitals are equipped to easily cut off silver, gold, platinum, and stainless steel jewelry. Those are the most common by far, and pretty soft metals too. They usually don't have anything available that can cut titanium, which is a very hard material. It is brittle though, so I was told by an ER doc that the common method in an emergency is just to smash it with a hammer and hope it cracks. Usually it does without injury. Sometimes your bone cracks too. No fun.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Other than the immediate wash of sadness at the beginning of the first video hearing the startup sound, it was a fun video.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
The N
No wonder all of them tv+, game arcade coming in the fall....remember the ios apps that will merge to macOS?
that is it
The News+ app is the same type of app & it’s out today so that can’t be the reason. My reasoning is that content is not ready for TV+ & Arcade & Apple is giving creators time to get it ready

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
The N

The News+ app is the same type of app & it’s out today so that can’t be the reason. My reasoning is that content is not ready for TV+ & Arcade & Apple is giving creators time to get it ready

The television industry has long followed the Fall launch schedule. Apple is adhering to tradition.

Chiisu

macrumors member
Hmmm, the event hasn’t been shared in the AppleTV Events app yet?

Edited:
Never mind, I just had to manually update the Events app. Never had to do that before for an apple app.

Last edited:

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
I need a video of that Sara Bareilles performance. That was quite magical! ❤️

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
That's the problem with having almost no editing skills, junior school compared to your major league!

Your pointing that out, amuses me to notice that all 7 videos above are hosted by that awful, evil Google. :eek:
I wasn’t aware that was an original WBRacing GIF! Cheers!

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Then why delay Apple Arcade until the Fall?

It’s clear that Apple Arcade was the service that was the least far along. It barely just leaked whereas we’ve known for years (TV and News) and months (Apple Card) that the other services were coming. This looked like a calling all developers announcement and now Apple has to get devs on board and figure out the pricing model that’ll bring the good ones into the service.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
It’s clear that Apple Arcade was the service that was the least far along. It barely just leaked whereas we’ve known for years (TV and News) and months (Apple Card) that the other services were coming. This looked like a calling all developers announcement and now Apple has to get devs on board and figure out the pricing model that’ll bring the good ones into the service.
They announced 100+ games coming exclusively to Apple Arcade so they they must have quite a few on board. Plus, this is the first time Apple is directly financing creation of these games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.