Apple Shares Full Video of 'Gather Round' iPhone and Apple Watch Event on YouTube

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 13, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

If you missed Apple's "Gather Round" event yesterday or if you just want to rewatch, the event video in its entirety is now available from Apple's YouTube channel, in addition to the Apple Event website.

At the "Gather Round" event that was held at the Steve Jobs Theater on the Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California, Apple unveiled its new 2018 iPhone and Apple Watch lineup.

Three new iPhones made an appearance, including the high-end flagship OLED iPhone XS and XS Max in 5.8 and 6.5-inch screen sizes and the new lower-priced iPhone XR, which features an LCD display and six color options.

Apple also unveiled new Apple Watch Series 4 models with bigger displays, slimmer bodies, a faster S4 chip, a haptic Digital Crown, and support for taking electrocardiogram (ECG) readings.

If you don't want to watch Apple's full video, take a look at our recap, which covers all of the major features you need to know in just six minutes.

The iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 will be available for pre-order starting tonight at 12:01 a.m. ahead of a September 21 launch date. The iPhone XR will be available for pre-order on October 19 ahead of an October 26 launch date.

Apple still has multiple products on the horizon that did not make a debut at the September event, which suggests we may also get an October event where the company launches new Macs and iPad Pro models.

Article Link: Apple Shares Full Video of 'Gather Round' iPhone and Apple Watch Event on YouTube

2. mcfrazieriv macrumors 6502a

mcfrazieriv

Possibly one of the biggest let downs for any product release I've ever experienced!

3. Superhappytree, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018

Superhappytree macrumors 6502a

Superhappytree

This is said on a yearly basis now. I guess it speaks volumes to just how good Jobs was. I think we’re all realising more and more the difference he really made, he was the key ingredient to what made Apple, Apple. Now? They are just like any other tech company really. I don’t feel any emotional attachment to any of their products like I did in the past, I don’t get the same joyful satisfaction out of any of them either. They used to be warm and full of life almost, but are now cold and... lifeless. They are still good products, but they are missing that special thing that once made them (to quote Jobs) insanely great products.

4. avanpelt macrumors 68030

Did anyone else notice that in the opening video, when that lady was running with the suitcase and she asked Siri for directions to Steve Jobs Theater, Siri started rambling off the directions and the lady promptly took off running a different way? It made me chuckle because of the implication that Apple's own employees don't do what Apple Maps tells them to do.

5. ruger macrumors member

Gather round and let me tell you a tale about AirPower

6. rmoliv macrumors 6502

7. BootsWalking macrumors 6502a

TL;DR version: Amazing, Great, Awesome, Most Advanced, Fastest, Shortest, Longest, Best Ever.

8. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

The fact that “gather round” and the image on the invitation had zero connection to any of the product announcements bugged me to no end for some reason.

Also, “Super Retina HD” vs. “Liquid Retina” just screams bozo explosion. To me anyway.

9. Rene Bos macrumors newbie

That's what I thought at first. But that's incorrect. The video wasn't edited properly. Siri said "take a right then...(barely audible) take a left" and she figured if she'd wade through the pond it would be a short cut.

10. ruger macrumors member

Don't forget how these products take it to the "next level" too

11. bladerunner2000 macrumors 68020

bladerunner2000

Does this presentation serve everyone or do I need to pay $1,500 to watch it?

12. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Those announced products are nice, can't be said about this event though, except maybe the very start (Video of the running girl), it went on and on about the same-same, I expected a bit more, they could have easily fit in other products like Macs or iPads.

13. Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

*magical

14. rsvsr macrumors newbie

Previously Apple products were designed around user needs, now they try and fit user needs around their designs (thinner, lighter...) at an increasing expense to practicality and user service.

Previously the premium Apple charged was notable, now it is becoming egregious.

15. Glideslope macrumors 603

Glideslope

“Bozo Explosion.” I’m putting this in my expression box. ;)

16. MacsRuleOthersDrool macrumors 65816

And every single time people say that, and every single time Apple's sales do nothing but INCREASE.

You DO realize, of course, that they can't create Cold Fusion Batteries EVERY year, right?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2018 ---
    Liquid Retina is to differentiate the LIQUID Crystal Display from the OLED Display.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2018 ---
    What?

The brought out a CHEAPER phone, and replaced the iPhone X with a phone that was better and slightly cheaper. Plus, they continue to offer last-generation Watch for a reduced price.

17. jlasoon macrumors 6502a

I haven't bought an iPhone since 2014. iPhone 6 was my last - are these prices suppose to lure me back?

18. Baymowe335 macrumors 68020

You should have paid more attention. They did a lot.

19. Shiba.Cat.Rare.Omelette macrumors newbie

Probably the first keynote where 100% of the products leaked tho :confused:
    At least they spared us from emojis.

20. vertical smile macrumors 68030

vertical smile

I didn't mind the lack of new features, although I know a lot of people do. I am glad that Apple is focusing on under the hood changes that will ultimately lead to a better user experience.

One thing that I find really disappointing is the price points for everything. After the iPhone X event, the biggest complaint seemed to be the high price of it. Now, Apple is removing the lower cost option, which used to be the iPhone 8, and replacing it with a more expensive option.

It is not that low. More like the lower of the high priced new iPhones.

21. now i see it macrumors 68020

It seemed like a typical iPhone presentation to me, same as the previous ones. A few juicy tidbits and a lot of boring non interesting stuff. Man these game demos always make me cringe.
    But to Apple's credit, the intro video of the girl running through the campus was amusing with Tim ultimately getting a clicker and walking on stage. That was good. Funny.
    A lot better than prior years.

22. tongxinshe macrumors 6502a

You obviously misunderstood. No any navigation system would ever tell you to jump into a pond, even if it is shallow.

23. Sam_S macrumors regular

The "Liquid Retina" is basically the same display that we have had for years...

And calling something the Super Retina HD or the Max just makes you sounds like a 5 year old that is trying to one up their friends. Im guessing next year they will call the the Super Retina times infinity display....

24. Lankyman macrumors 68000

I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to sit through a viewing of this. If it was a choice between having to watch it again or water boarding I may well choose the latter. :eek: It really is time for Apple to scrap these events. The most gracious thing you can say is 'they were of their time'.

25. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I think it’s Apple Campus they were possibly referring too? But yeah it meant nothing about the products.