Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As the second and third "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" episodes premiere on Apple Music tonight, Apple has released a new trailer for an upcoming episode that stars Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams, the two actresses who play Sansa Stark and Arya Stark, respectively, in HBO's hit series "Game of Thrones."

In a play on the popular "Game of Thrones" line "Winter is Coming," Apple's newest trailer opens with the phrase "Karaoke is Coming" before depicting Turner and Williams singing along to several popular songs. The duo also stop by an HBO escape room to surprise fans.

Turner and Williams' Carpool Karaoke episode will air on Tuesday, August 22, which is next week. Apple has also shared a new trailer for an upcoming episode that will star Ariana Grande and Seth MacFarlane, also set to debut on August 22.

"Carpool Karaoke: The Series" debuted last week, on August 8. The first episode starred late night TV host James Corden and Will Smith. Apple this week introduced two new episodes, the first starring Alicia Keys and John Legend and the second starring Billy Eichner and Metallica.

Article Link: Apple Shares New 'Carpool Karaoke' Trailer With 'Game of Thrones' Stars

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
I watched a bit of the first episode, and they destroyed the whole concept that made the show fun.

It was simple before, with the appeal being seeing your favorite singer be interviewed and sing their own songs plus other famous songs.

Now they've over produced it and taken away what made it appealing in the first place.

Ashton Cofer

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2017
Columbus, Ohio

As the second and third "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" episodes premiere on Apple Music tonight, Apple has released a new trailer for an upcoming episode that stars Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams, the two actresses who play Sansa Stark and Arya Stark, respectively, in HBO's hit series "Game of Thrones."

In a play on the popular "Game of Thrones" line "Winter is Coming," Apple's newest trailer opens with the phrase "Karaoke is Coming" before depicting Turner and Williams singing along to several popular songs. The duo also stop by an HBO escape room to surprise fans.

Turner and Williams' Carpool Karaoke episode will air on Tuesday, August 22, which is next week. Apple has also shared a new trailer for an upcoming episode that will star Ariana Grande and Seth MacFarlane, also set to debut on August 22.

"Carpool Karaoke: The Series" debuted last week, on August 8. The first episode starred late night TV host James Corden and Will Smith. Apple this week introduced two new episodes, the first starring Alicia Keys and John Legend and the second starring Billy Eichner and Metallica.

Article Link: Apple Shares New 'Carpool Karaoke' Trailer With 'Game of Thrones' Stars
I am the only one who has never understood why people enjoy carpool karaoke so much? It's just famous people singing in cars.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
If they really want to push their tv content they probably should not hide it in an app called Apple MUSIC.

Just the other day i called Telekom if my StreamOn (without using the datacap) includes videos or only music on AM and they were not even aware there were videos to stream on it

Reactions: saiz66 and V.K.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I don't watch TV so I don't know...can someone please explain to me why that woman is green?

I think it's probably in reference to Wicked, which (heheh) I haven't seen but presumably that is a song from it. There's a brief flash of the title in the background of the video.

Reactions: 5105973

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
God, I really hope they are being pulled by a trailer and not actually driving.

Can you imagine, singing our loud on camera, smiling to each other and then killing a child that walked into the road, as they were not concentrating on driving and did not brake fast enough.

Surely Apple would not be so stupid, careless and thoughtless of actual public lives to have them actually driving, as is portrayed in these shows)

They can't be actually driving.....

Can they?

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
Could MR please add a "no CK" filter for content already? What does this have to do with a Mac in any remote way? It seems every day we have another CK story.

You can't get away from this stuff. Apple has become this. I went to an Apple store in the mall this past weekend, not for anything in particular, but just because I hadn't been in a while. I used to love going there. The only thing in the store I had remote interest in was Apple Watch bands... seriously... and the selection was pretty abysmal. I had also wanted to take a look at the Bose "in ear" noise canceling earbuds.... but oh wait, since they have a normal cable on them Apple doesn't carry them in their store. But what shocked me was that every visible screen in the store (all iPhones, iPads, Macbooks, iMacs, Tvs. etc.) was playing the same Carpool Karaoke loop. It was like walking into a TV store and looking up at every screen playing the same video, but the video being something annoying and stupid. Sadly, this is what Apple has become and with every move they become less of what I want anything to do with. This will likely be my last trip to the Apple store unless any of my remaining Apple gear breaks and I have no choice.

load97

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2012
Washington
I'm going to let you in on a little secret: you don't have to watch shows if you don't think you'll enjoy them!
I'll let you in on a even better secret: My stocks in the company & the money I've invested in their products give me a voice to express my displeasure!

Reactions: saiz66
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.