Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As part of Apple Card's "preview rollout" today, Apple has posted a series of videos to its YouTube channel explaining how to set up and use Apple Card on iPhone.

how-to-use-apple-card-video.jpg

The 10 videos cover a range of topics, including the following:
[*]How to apply for Apple Card
[*]How to activate your titanium card with iPhone XS/XR
[*]How to activate your titanium card with iPhone X and earlier
[*]How to make a purchase in store
[*]How to make a purchase online
[*]How to find your card number
[*]How to see your Daily Cash
[*]How to check your spending
[*]How to make a payment
[*]How to get support 24/7
The Apple Card Preview began today, with a limited number of customers who signed up to be notified about the release of Apple Card now able to apply for the card in their Wallet app and to order a physical Apple Card.

Customers who receive an email invitation to the Apple Card Preview can sign up for Apple Card in the Wallet app on the iPhone or by going to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay on the iPad.

Apple hasn't disclosed exactly how many people are part of its "preview rollout," but a full rollout of Apple Card is expected later this month.

Applicants must be U.S. citizens or lawful residents of the United States and must be 18 years of age or older. An iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later is required to sign up for Apple Card.

Ahead of the official public launch of the Apple Card, Apple's wallet.apple.com website is active, providing further details on the application process.

In addition, Goldman Sachs last week made its Customer Agreement available providing more detail on the Apple Card, and for questions about how everything will work, make sure to check out our Apple Card guide.

Article Link: Apple Shares Series of Videos Explaining How to Use Apple Card

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Where’s the transfer Barclays account to Apple Card account video?

Edit: (with voice of Jeff Goldblum)
How to transfer Barclays account
1. Tap on Wallet app
2. Tap on Barclays Card
3. Tap on ellipsis.
4. Choose Transfer balance and close account
Done

Last edited:

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
Where’s the transfer Barclays account to Apple Card account video?
I wouldn’t be surprised if for folks with an existing financing deal on old card, the Barclays card will survive until the financing comes due. Already looks like new financing deals will only happen on Apple Card.

Reactions: Morgenland

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
They’re going to get sooooo many applications lmao. I have a feeling the physical card will be on backorder soon after they open it up for everyone.

Way more hype than the Chase Sapphire Reserve and AMEX Rose Gold.

hourglass111

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Ohio Valley
Not sure where the “only fanboy desire” syndrome is coming from.

I don’t buy everything Apple. I buy what I like from Apple. And I like this: superior interface for management with clear-cut and useful rewards.

I currently use a debit card by Simple (as close you can get to the Apple Card with debit, white card that’s “showy”, and superior interface) and a simple credit card with no rewards.

Apple Card will likely replace both for me.

There are definitely better cards out there for “pro credit card users.” But not with the integration and user interface. I’ve got no interest in those after trying a couple of them. Amazon Prime was pretty good in terms of rewards (but not the Chase interface), while IHG was a mess with rewards and ended up killing the flight miles program which was my main intent with it. So I had to cash it out to Amazon gift cards…

Yeah, I’ll take an Apple Card.

Reactions: odin

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Interesting that the XR and XS have a different card activation method than older phones.

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
The hype for an average credit card is baffling. I’m an apple guy and don’t really care about this offering. That being said apple fan boys will jump on ANYTHING that’s apple branded.

I have an Aeroplan visa and it’s tough to beat the bonus points if they are used exclusively for business class travel bonuses - nothing compares, not even close.

Yes Apple Visa has anonymity advantages, but the cash bonus program pales to the value I can get by booking biz class airplane tickets. And whatever “interest rates” they offer are completely irrelevant to a reasonable, disciplined, and aware consumer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
I wouldn’t be surprised if for folks with an existing financing deal on old card, the Barclays card will survive until the financing comes due. Already looks like new financing deals will only happen on Apple Card.

I'm wondering what to do with this one here. I've had the Barclay's card for enough years that getting rid of it to swap over to something else will probably hurt my credit more than I care for.

Vasilioskn

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
New York
So question , my Barclays citizens loan iPhone is done this October after two years. Should I return the phone and use the Apple Card to renew for another two years?

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
Interesting that the XR and XS have a different card activation method than older phones.

From 9to5mac:

When a customer receives their titanium Apple Card, they will be able to activate it just by holding their iPhone XS or iPhone XR near the packaging. iPhone X and older devices do not have background NFC reading and will need to go into the Wallet app manually.

Reactions: CrzyP

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Not sure where the “only fanboy desire” syndrome is coming from.

I don’t buy everything Apple. I buy what I like from Apple. And I like this: superior interface for management with clear-cut and useful rewards.

I currently use a debit card by Simple (as close you can get to the Apple Card with debit, white card that’s “showy”, and superior interface) and a simple credit card with no rewards.

Apple Card will likely replace both for me.

There are definitely better cards out there for “pro credit card users.” But not with the integration and user interface. I’ve got no interest in those after trying a couple of them. Amazon Prime was pretty good in terms of rewards (but not the Chase interface), while IHG was a mess with rewards and ended up killing the flight miles program which was my main intent with it. So I had to cash it out to Amazon gift cards…

Yeah, I’ll take an Apple Card.

Hook it up to your bank account such that your bank account is used to pay the credit card statement balance in full. Voila!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Moderator Note:

Some posts discussing the wisdom of using credit cards were removed as off-topic. Anybody wishing to discuss that topic is welcome to start a thread on the subject, but it is off-topic to this thread.

tmiw

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
Kinda ironic that they'd have the Amazon app appearing in the "getting your CC#" video but have nothing about using the physical card in store. :p

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I'm wondering what to do with this one here. I've had the Barclay's card for enough years that getting rid of it to swap over to something else will probably hurt my credit more than I care for.

How so?

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
The main reason people are so excited about this card, is that it will be thought of as a status symbol. And, if you use the card with Apple Pay, how will anyone know that you have an Apple Card? Can we have Siri announce it? Loudly?! :rolleyes: :cool:
That'd be hilarious.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
The XR and XS have a specialized passive NFC mode. Same reason why NFC on XR and XS can still work when the battery is dead for ID cards and transit.
[doublepost=1565109912][/doublepost]
Kinda ironic that they'd have the Amazon app appearing in the "getting your CC#" video but have nothing about using the physical card in store. :p
Physical card in store is easiest. Insert the chip wait for “remove card” and that’s it.

H.E. Pennypacker

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2017
NYC
The main reason people are so excited about this card, is that it will be thought of as a status symbol. And, if you use the card with Apple Pay, how will anyone know that you have an Apple Card? Can we have Siri announce it? Loudly?! :rolleyes: :cool:
The centurion card and visa black cards are status symbols. This card purely symbolizes apple lemmings.

Reactions: -BigMac-
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.