Apple Shares Trailers for Upcoming Apple TV+ Shows 'Helpsters,' 'Ghostwriter' and 'Snoopy in Space'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared trailers and teasers for several of its upcoming Apple TV+ shows on its Apple TV+ YouTube channel, highlighting "Helpsters," "Ghostwriter," and "Snoopy in Space."

"Helpsters" is a new TV show created in partnership with Sesame Workshop, and it is aimed at children. The show is designed to teach preschoolers the fundamentals of coding with main character Cody and a team of monsters who love to solve problems.

As with other Sesame Workshop shows, like "Sesame Street," the stars in "Helpsters" are all puppets.
Whether it's planning a party, climbing a mountain, or mastering a magic trick, the Helpsters can figure anything out--because everything starts with a plan.
Ghostwriter, also aimed at children, is a remake of an older TV show, following four children brought together by a mysterious ghost in a bookstore. The children team up to release fictional characters from works of literature.

When a ghost haunts a neighborhood bookstore and starts releasing fictional characters into the real world, four kids must team up to solve an exciting mystery surrounding the ghost's unfinished business.
"Snoopy in Space" has been previewed in the past, but Apple today released the official trailer. "Snoopy in Space" follows Snoopy as he pursues his dream to become an astronaut.

Blast off with Snoopy as he fulfills his dream to become a NASA astronaut. Joined by Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang, Snoopy takes command of the International Space Station and explores the moon and beyond.
"Helpsters," "Ghostwriter," and "Snoopy in Space" are some of the TV shows that will be available when Apple TV+ launches on Friday, November 1.

Apple TV+ will cost $4.99 per month for up to six users, but there is a free trial and customers who purchase an Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, or Mac can get a free one-year subscription.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailers for Upcoming Apple TV+ Shows 'Helpsters,' 'Ghostwriter' and 'Snoopy in Space'

Reactions: 15ngcs1

digthewell

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2018
Not the kind of content I'd be interested in, but I'm glad they're making content for all audiences. Might just watch Ghostwriter some day!

Reactions: 15ngcs1 and SDJim

orbital~debris

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
England, UK, Europe
These trailers were already available on Apple TV, in the Apple TV+ preview section with the lovely animated parallelograms. (I watched The Helpsters trailer a couple of days ago, and Ghostwriter yesterday evening.)
- - Post merged: - -

I remember the original Ghostwriter. Had a crush on Lenni
Samuel L. Jackson… was in Ghostwriter?! 🤯

Reactions: 15ngcs1

ipedro

Suspended
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
So good! AppleTV+ is really rounding out with variety — there's something for everyone.

Not every show will be a show that I'll personally watch, but having that variety creates a well rounded station that appeals to the widest possible audience. So far, every show appears to be of very high production quality.

Apple isn't just phoning this in. TV is a major priority for the company and they have all the right talent working on it. It's really starting to show that Apple is going to nail this.

-DMN-

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2019
I hope Apple TV+ flops. Knowing Apple they'll eventually pervert the showsfc with there political bias. I hope not 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: Objectivist

fmcshan

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2019
USA
I’m excited to see how Apple TV+ does. Shows like The Morning Show and For All Mankind look pretty enticing, and I like how these children‘s shows are being produced to appeal to a wider audience.

Jws

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
AR
I remember the original Ghostwriter. Had a crush on Lenni
Haha, my crush was on Tina. I was really jealous of Alex in that one episode where they kissed. I haven’t watched the trailer yet, but I’m excited to see if this turns out well.

Recently, Amazon’s Gortimer Gibbons was a kids show that is entertaining even for adults, so I hope that this one can pull that off as well.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

MacBH928

macrumors 68040
May 17, 2008
Never have I thought they meant THAT Ghostwriter... I thought no one remembered that show. People have probably stopped talking about it in 1997.

Although the idea is cool, I don't believe in recreating an older show since the old one still carry the same value. You can just watch the old Ghostwriter and its just as good.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
I've never seen Ghostwriter, but I wonder if it's anything like the '80s Canadian show Read All About It. Some Grade A childhood nightmare fuel in there...

halluxsinister

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2017
Earth

Apple today shared trailers and teasers for several of its upcoming Apple TV+ shows on its Apple TV+ YouTube channel, highlighting "Helpsters," "Ghostwriter," and "Snoopy in Space."

"Helpsters" is a new TV show created in partnership with Sesame Workshop, and it is aimed at children. The show is designed to teach preschoolers the fundamentals of coding with main character Cody and a team of monsters who love to solve problems.

As with other Sesame Workshop shows, like "Sesame Street," the stars in "Helpsters" are all puppets.Ghostwriter, also aimed at children, is a remake of an older TV show, following four children brought together by a mysterious ghost in a bookstore. The children team up to release fictional characters from works of literature.

"Snoopy in Space" has been previewed in the past, but Apple today released the official trailer. "Snoopy in Space" follows Snoopy as he pursues his dream to become an astronaut.

"Helpsters," "Ghostwriter," and "Snoopy in Space" are some of the TV shows that will be available when Apple TV+ launches on Friday, November 1.

Apple TV+ will cost $4.99 per month for up to six users, but there is a free trial and customers who purchase an Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, or Mac can get a free one-year subscription.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailers for Upcoming Apple TV+ Shows 'Helpsters,' 'Ghostwriter' and 'Snoopy in Space'
What is there for a dog to do in space, besides circle the Earth a few times and then die? Sounds like a really stupid premise for a tv show. Everyone knows that the right and proper thing for a cartoon dog to do on tv is hang out with a stoner who has the munchies and his buddies in an ugly multicolored van...

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.
Snoopy In Space might just be the sci-fi show I’ve been waiting for all my life.
Two of my favorite things, combined, and thankfully it looks 2d, like snoopy should, not cheesy 3d cgi. ...and those voices... sound just right.
DHX, the studio behind My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, is doing the show, and that's been a mega winner, so I'm SO ready for Snoopy in Space!