Apple Shares Two New iPad Pro Ads Focused on Apple Pencil and Augmented Reality

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 13, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today has shared two new iPad Pro ads titled Augment Reality and Take Notes. The short 15-second clips, set to the song "Go" by Louis The Child, are part of a larger campaign ongoing since last year.

The first ad focuses on how the iPad Pro can run augmented reality apps based on Apple's new ARKit platform for iOS 11.

The second ad focuses on how the Apple Pencil can be used to create multimedia notes on an iPad Pro running iOS 11, along with the ability to draw, type, or drag and drop photos from Apple's Files app. A few clips from this ad were previously shared in Apple's longer What's a Computer? ad in November.

The two ads follow yesterday's new 38-second ad titled A New Light, in which Apple explained how Portrait Lighting offers studio quality lighting effects without a studio and showed off various examples.

Article Link: Apple Shares Two New iPad Pro Ads Focused on Apple Pencil and Augmented Reality

2. MacLawyer macrumors regular

MacLawyer

3. ronno macrumors regular

This take notes ad has been around for ages. It’s not new.

4. Piggie macrumors G3

Piggie

Augmented Battery?

5. Act3 macrumors 68000

what is the reality with augmented reality?

Seems so far like 3D television that will never take off to much of anything

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Did it have to be "New" to demonstrate the capabilities of iOS 11 and how the Apple Pencil can be used in conjunction to create multi media notes by drawing/dragging or dropping photos from files application?

7. Joe Rossignol Editor

Joe Rossignol

Staff Member

A few clips from it were in the "What's a computer?" ad but this looks like a slightly longer version.

Unless there's another older ad that I'm missing.

8. acorntoy macrumors 65816

Dont enjoy the latest commercials. Could be because the “what’s a computer” made her seem a little stuck up in my opinion.

9. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

I think @ronno was referencing the title of MR's article, which was bolstered by the first sentence:
    The ads are new to me since I'd never seen either previously. But if it's a recycled cut from an older ad, it's not exactly new.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Maybe it's a longer version, but I also have not viewed these ads separate from before.

11. charlien macrumors 6502

I must be missing something about IOS 11. I still find myself putting down my iPad Pro to reach for my laptop when I want to get some real stuff done. Things like flipping between applications & copy paste are a real chore.

12. prism macrumors 6502a

The worst ever, I mean if they are trying to push this as a pro device why portray a school nerd?

13. ronno macrumors regular

The title of this post is:
    Apple Shares Two New iPad Pro Ads...

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think both the iPad and laptop will find different uses based on what you need it for. I find iPad to be the perfect median for me where I don't have to use my laptop most times. Albeit I think it's totally user dependent on your workload. But for me, my iPad can accomplish almost all of my tasks with ease , but there are times where desktop applications are more manageable through my laptop. But I have been pleased with how the iPad has benefited me way more than I thought it would.

15. Act3 macrumors 68000

yea the copy and paste isn't where it needs to be for a 2018 "pro" device but really don't want to start the mouse argument on this thread but if it had one I'd be more likely to ditch my desktop.

16. klazmandoo macrumors newbie

Professionals seems to do their work in the trees nowadays

17. B.A.T macrumors 6502a

I find that kid more annoying than the millennial douche from the Verizon ads.

18. criticasm macrumors member

What better way to show off the professional features & real world applications of a fully stocked iPad Pro than by having a spoilt white kid roaming around NYC using it for trivial things. What's next a baby using an Apple watch as a teething ring.

19. sdz macrumors 6502

20. Brammy macrumors 65816

21. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil

If you’re interested in doing more, there are tutorials on split screen, drag and drop and Apple Files. :) With an Apple Smart Keyboard, the iPP is a highly capable device to get “real stuff” done.

22. sdz macrumors 6502

On which planet?

23. BWhaler, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018

BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

The AR ad is a silly usecase. Should have thought of something cool and meaningful. Laying out furniture in a park is something people don’t do.

Notes in a tree is a cool idea since that would be harder with laptop. iPad for exploring

Soundtrack is on-point.

The big problem, as always, is iOS 11 is so buggy. Corrupted a bunch of files during sync yesterday. May have been Dropbox fault, but I still blame Apple for not creating a system where this wasn’t possible.

24. klazmandoo macrumors newbie

Yeah, real kids stuff just like in the videos

25. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

rowspaxe

Imagine what this kid could accomplish with a laptop!