Apple Shares Videos From Creators Using iPad Pro to Make Apple TV+ Show Posters

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a pair of videos from content creators who designed posters for Apple TV+ shows "Dickinson" and "For All Mankind."

Janice Sung, an illustrator and digital painter, said she created a poster for Apple TV+ series "Dickinson" using an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, and she outlined some of her creative process.

Designer and illustrator duo Justin and Paige from Phantom City Creative in a separate video shared details on how they used an iPad Pro to create two new posters for Apple TV+ show "For All Mankind."

Apple has in the past shared behind the scenes details on content created on the iPad Pro, but this is the first time Apple has shared iPad Pro-focused videos from Apple TV+ content creators.

Article Link: Apple Shares Videos From Creators Using iPad Pro to Make Apple TV+ Show Posters

Reactions: 15ngcs1

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
I’m starting to feel like Apple TV+ is just an ad for more Apple products.

Of course the Apple fan in me watched The Morning Show for all the Apple products.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
It’s amazing what’s possible to create with devices that “are only good for consumption”.

So sick of hearing that BS about iPads—whether Pro, Air or the $329 version.
Yeah, of course, we're all artists and the pencil is the magical bullet for everyone...

In the world where the majority of people live and work, tablets are pure consumption devices simply because they cannot replace a notebook. And if you connect a keyboard to a tablet, all you have is an inferior notebook with an inferior operating system and usually also with inferior applications.

For me, tablets are glorified ebook readers and web browsers, nothing more.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr. Awesome

PickUrPoison

macrumors 603
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Yeah, of course, we're all artists and the pencil is the magical bullet for everyone...
Said no one, ever.
In the world where the majority of people live and work, tablets are pure consumption devices simply because they cannot replace a notebook. And if you connect a keyboard to a tablet, all you have is an inferior notebook with an inferior operating system and usually also with inferior applications.
In the world where most people live, many people can create what they need on an iPad. Some people don’t need a laptop or desktop.
For me, tablets are glorified ebook readers and web browsers, nothing more.
If you wish to limit your usage to those two apps, there’s nothing wrong with that. But iPads can do many other things. Others use them to do everything they previously used a laptop or desktop for.

I think it will always be the case that tablet computers won’t be able to do certain things, just like laptops can’t do certain things a desktop can.

Based on one’s requirements, I see it something like this: iPhone, iPad, laptop, desktop, workstation, cloud. As technology progresses, certain tasks are driven down that hierarchy. Other tasks force one to move up higher.

I don’t think it’s as simple as consumption vs creation, since there’s a lot of crossover. There’s plenty that can be created on an iPad, but it’s hardly the right tool for a multitude of tasks, whether those be creation or consumption.

Reactions: 15ngcs1

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I'd guess that a majority of professional artists who use a tablet also have a desktop or laptop computer. But portability can certainly be a benefit, especially when you're working in the field or looking for inspiration wherever you can find it.

PickUrPoison

macrumors 603
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
I'd guess that a majority of professional artists who use a tablet also have a desktop or laptop computer. But portability can certainly be a benefit, especially when you're working in the field or looking for inspiration wherever you can find it.
For sure. It also seems plausible that some would prefer iPad and a Pencil to a Mac and a mouse. Probably depends on what they used while learning, too.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
For sure. It also seems plausible that some would prefer iPad and a Pencil to a Mac and a mouse. Probably depends on what they used while learning, too.
I was going to say that we all learn to draw with a pencil or crayon before we starting using computers, but I realize that's wrong. I've seen toddlers with iPads, so they probably learn drawing with a finger before they learn to use any other drawing tool!

Reactions: PickUrPoison

ldandp0

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2018
And they found it only slightly more challenging than painting with their feet.
- - Post merged: - -

Said no one, ever.

In the world where most people live, many people can create what they need on an iPad. Some people don’t need a laptop or desktop.

If you wish to limit your usage to those two apps, there’s nothing wrong with that. But iPads can do many other things. Others use them to do everything they previously used a laptop or desktop for.

I think it will always be the case that tablet computers won’t be able to do certain things, just like laptops can’t do certain things a desktop can.

Based on one’s requirements, I see it something like this: iPhone, iPad, laptop, desktop, workstation, cloud. As technology progresses, certain tasks are driven down that hierarchy. Other tasks force one to move up higher.

I don’t think it’s as simple as consumption vs creation, since there’s a lot of crossover. There’s plenty that can be created on an iPad, but it’s hardly the right tool for a multitude of tasks, whether those be creation or consumption.

Saying you can do your work on an iPad is not an testament to the iPad, but rather a confession of ones own productivity. That's like saying you can do your job with a coloring book and a cyan crayon. I'm not impressed by that.

PickUrPoison

macrumors 603
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Saying you can do your work on an iPad is not an testament to the iPad, but rather a confession of ones own productivity. That's like saying you can do your job with a coloring book and a cyan crayon. I'm not impressed by that.
It seems you didn’t read my post. I'm not impressed by that.

If you think 100% of people need a desktop or a laptop to be “productive”, you’re unaware of the lives and work of many. When you get out into the real world, you’ll understand it’s a little different from school.