Apple should make more than one form of the iPad and 2 colors.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cootersgarage6, Feb 9, 2011.

1. cootersgarage6, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

When the next iPad comes out I HOPE they keep the first iPad in the stores as well. This would finally be good because if people want a cheaper option, or something really simple for a kid or something. I also think they should sell up to 3 iPads...
    Kind of like they have for laptops and desktops.
    1. The Macbook is a laptop version of the iMac.
    2. The MacBook Air is like a laptop version of the Mac Mini
    3. And the MacBook pro is like a laptop version of the Mac Pro..

If only iPads were like this to. The iPad could be like the MBA version.. simple, cheaper, and meant for simple things. Then the MB version could be one that has the camera, and is a little bit better in power. Then the MBP version could be really powerful, a little bigger, and the most expensive.

(:) Also, I think they should make a white one! (:)

2. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

Laptops cater different needs and hence different models. MBA for portability and light work, MB white is for regular use, MBP is a for some serious work (demanding ones).

I don't see iPad having different needs like that-

1. Comparing it with MBA - Everyone uses it for portability.
    2. Comparing it with MB white - Its intended for regular use and nothing more.
    3. Comparing it with MBP - It cannot do professional work.

Clearly, the idea of having many models with different hardware isn't making the slightest sense. What they'll do is offer iPad 1 for 100$ less.

The current one has aluminium back (silver color), don't know how you want them to do a white one...unless painting the back is what you mean..