Apple should release an official gamepad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

I just watched Real Racing 3 launch trailer... this game is for a mobile phone?

It is amazing! That thing beats PS2 graphics and comes very close to PS3 and 360.

IMO it is time for Apple to release an official gamepad accessory for iOS devices. The problem is that, while games keep improving, the gameplay is still very limited because of the touch controls.

Apple should release a gamepad so developers can create games for it, map buttons, etc... And since it'll be an official device, it will make it easy for all devs to target it.

An iPhone could easily replace a console for people that don't look for the cutting edge graphics of PS4/Next gen XBOX.

You would connect the iPhone to your TV through an HDMI cable, start a game, grab the bluetooth gamepad and play away.

I'm not sure about PS4/XBOX but they could really dent Nintendo's market.

2. irDigital0l Guest

I laugh at people saying iOS gaming is just as good as console gaming.

Also RR3 sucks...its a free to play model that completely ruins the experience.

I rather have Apple improve Game Center. If they can't even make Game Center good, there's no way in hell they could actually make a gamepad.

Also comparing a PS2 that came out how many years ago? (12 years ago).

That comparison is kinda flawed...

3. 617aircav Suspended

Are you willing to walk around with a gamepad?

4. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

If I'm going on a trip, yes.

5. 617aircav Suspended

So it would be useful to you once in a while, but to most people never.

6. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I highly doubt Apple will make a device with buttons like a game controller. They'd just leave that up to third parties to make whatever quirky controller for the iPhone/iPad