Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 6, 2003
NY
New Apple "mini" Retail Store

Apple today announced that they will open 6 new mini retail stores this 16th. They will be in:
Palo Alto, CA;
San Jose, CA;
Santa Rosa, CA;
Tukwila, WA;
Bridgewater, NJ;
Rockaway, NJ.

Pictures and Article on AppleInsider

With the new, even better styling, and the availability to put them almost anywhere there is need, I think these will be a hit!

im_noahselby

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2003
Canada
I think it's very dissapointing to have an official Apple Store and not have any PM's or cinema displays on display. Do they even sell PM's? I understand that Apple is all about simplicity and elegance, but in my oppinion there is a lot of wasted floor space in their new mini retail locations. I don't know, it's just a few thoughts I had...

Noah

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
they look a little..... to clean cut. I would be semi-aprehensive from entering one if it were empty like the first picture. it would be like walking into a futuristic dentist's office...
also, seems to be a lot of wasted floor space in the middle. maybe a partioned rack (a mini-version of those in current apple stores) with select software?

im_noahselby

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2003
Canada
runplaysleeprun said:
they look a little..... to clean cut. I would be semi-aprehensive from entering one if it were empty like the first picture. it would be like walking into a futuristic dentist's office...
also, seems to be a lot of wasted floor space in the middle. maybe a partioned rack (a mini-version of those in current apple stores) with select software?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way...

Noah

dethl

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2002
Austin, TX
Maybe New Mexico will finally get an Apple Store! Even if it is just a mini retail store, it would be better than nothing.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
AppleInsider reports that Apple unveiled the next step in its retail store strategy today. The new 'mini' stores are an all-new design featuring stainless steel walls and seamless white floors and ceilings. The mini store is half the size of Apple's smallest store to date.

The first six mini stores will open this Saturday at 10 a.m. in Palo Alto, CA; San Jose, CA; Santa Rosa, CA; Tukwila, WA; Bridgewater, NJ; and Rockaway, NJ. These are to be additions to the 84 existing Apple retails stores around the United States, bringing the total of retail stores to 93 as of this coming weekend.

The new stores will feature a full line of iPods, laptops and the iMac G5 desktop. In addition, the stores will offer third party products, on-site repair on all Apple products, and a miniature Mac Genius Bar.

Since the opening of the first Apple retail store in May 2001, Apple retail stores have attracted almost 50 million visitors and recently generated revenues of almost $1.2 billion in the company's 2004 fiscal year.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Hey Apple, if you're reading this:

STOP! ENOUGH STORES IN CALIFORNIA!

The nearest one to me is like 2+ hours away. California has like 30 stores now!!! Put some stores in other places, Apple!!

coumerelli

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2003
state of confusion.
I wonder what the markets will be? I'd LOVE to see one here in Madison, WI! Are these supposed to go where the larger stores would not reach? I can't believe that entirely as there is yet ANOTHER store in Palo Alto, now. :rolleyes:

CTerry

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2004
As a Brit I can see this coming in handy as Apple expands internationally. One of these in me local PC World would be a godsend.

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2004
Here
AWESOME! More apple store means one might have a shot of being closer to where i live. Right now closest is 20-25 mins away. GO apple!! :D Bring more to MARYLAND APPLE!

zakee00

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2004
you guys should feel LUCKY to be 25mins away from the closest apple store. i'm about 3 hours away, and thats on a PLANE. yeah, i live in alaska. and WTH is up with all of the stores in CA?!?!? i think they should expand and build an apple store in anchorage :)

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
MattG said:
STOP! ENOUGH STORES IN CALIFORNIA!

I agree! At least no more until every other major U.S. metro area with a population of over one million has one first anyway. They are getting better about it with the ones that have opened recently and are planned, but they pretty well have California saturated now I do believe.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Those new stores look awesome. Even better than the current ones, in my opinion. I just wish, like everyone else, that they'd put one near me--nearest Apple store for me is ~4 hours. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.