Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Silicon MacBook Air/Pro Mac mini Order Status Thread

oklhost

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2020
A0DB45FA-5DE6-4A1A-BFC5-4C9935334195.jpeg

yeaaaaah, tomorrow I get my baby 😊

Comment

stownsend3

macrumors member
May 9, 2008
No update for me 😭 this is so depressing! I just want my MacBook! I haven’t called Apple yet, but will later today since I can’t wait until tomorrow to ask them to open an investigation. My order status on Apple’s site shows that it’s “arriving soon,” instead of November 27th now.
Definitely call. I was somewhat apologetic when I called and told them I should just be patient. The rep I spoke with was very understanding, apologized for all of the trouble and said they’re there to take those calls. He even said to call back in a couple days if I don’t see an update. Can’t hurt.

Reactions: mooshhie
Comment

BlazePhyre

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
Mine is similar. Just got to my local FedEx today from Memphis TN. FedEx app says I get it Thursday????? I would expect in Monday. Ugg
Yeah mine still says Thursday, just left Memphis headed for me, so hopefully it'll just go out for delivery tomorrow. i'd be ecstatic
Interesting.. Fedex had the import process done in Memphis instead of Anchorage. I thought imports were being taken care in AK. Delivery date is still showing Friday but hoping to receive before that.

View attachment 1682739
Ive seen this on other's tracking, no biggie.

I"m so happy to hear that packages are moving and exceptions cleared from UPS. I think any package that hasn't been declared lost will get an update at some point soon that hasn't already.

Comment

agreco85

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
My order is sitting 40 minutes away from me. FedEx says delivery by Thursday at 12pm. Its next stop is getting to the delivery center to be put on a truck to get to me. I really hope it gets delivered tomorrow!!!

Comment

dyfine

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Mine is similar. Just got to my local FedEx today from Memphis TN. FedEx app says I get it Thursday????? I would expect in Monday. Ugg
Don't lose hope. My Fedex tracking had shown a Monday delivery even though my MBA arrived locally early morning on a Friday. Around 1pm on Friday, my tracking updated that it was loaded for delivery - I got it 3:30pm that Friday. All that to say....my experience is that they want to move packages out as soon as they can. They just don't update the tracking until it actually moves to the next step.

Reactions: BlazePhyre
Comment

Fomalhaut

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2020
#ShanghaiGang

No change in mine since 11/25:

1606686188834.png

Has anyone who has a replacement order process started by Apple seen their UPS status from Shanghai change?

i.e. if the "lost" packages are suddenly found, could the original order still be sent, or have we all gone to the back of the queue?

Comment

BlazePhyre

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
Don't lose hope. My Fedex tracking had shown a Monday delivery even though my MBA arrived locally early morning on a Friday. Around 1pm on Friday, my tracking updated that it was loaded for delivery - I got it 3:30pm that Friday. All that to say....my experience is that they want to move packages out as soon as they can. They just don't update the tracking until it actually moves to the next step.
Oh that's great to hear, thanks for posting this!!! My Maccy departed Memphis recently, and every FedEx package that has left Memphis, the next scan was in my city within a couple hours. Really hoping for tomorrow! Just a little worried because the departure time doesn't align with any FedEx flights from memphis. I'm hoping they either scanned it early, the flight isn't showing on the sites I've checked, or they're driving it but it still arrives on time. Memphis is only 8 hours from my city and it's already been 2.5 hours since the scan but I worry that it'll take a roundabout way since it's not scheduled until Thursday. Oh well. I'll know in the next 1-3 hours if it got on the flight i was hoping for after all. Hoping that it left fedex facility to go to whatever place it waits for it's plane. Then I'll hopefully either get an update when it departs memphis again (with the plane in an hour) or arrives in my city with the plane in 2.5 hours. The flight is usually about an hour, but there's rain in the area causing delays.

Out of like 8 previous fedex deliveries that went to memphis, they all popped up in my like 1.5 hours after they left memphis makes no sense for it to do some roundabout route this time. Agh, I'm rambling. Just nervous, I want my maccy tomorrow!😓😰😬🤞🏻

Last edited:
Comment

Fomalhaut

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2020
Just woke up to find my package similar to others is no longer marked as exception and has a new scan for departing Shanghai facility on Nov 29 at 4:55 pm. Still no scheduled delivery.
Had Apple already started a new delivery process for you (with the same order number) with a revised delivery date, or did you still have the original delivery date on apple.com?

I'm wondering if Apple sending a replacement unit automatically invalidates the original shipment, even if the latter is subsequently found by the shipping company.

Comment

BlazePhyre

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
#ShanghaiGang

No change in mine since 11/25:

View attachment 1682868

Has anyone who has a replacement order process started by Apple seen their UPS status from Shanghai change?

i.e. if the "lost" packages are suddenly found, could the original order still be sent, or have we all gone to the back of the queue?
My biggest worry with this is that the packages have been marked as "return to sender" so that even if they are found, they'll just go back to apple. That being said apple may just send it back to you, it would be a little longer, but not as long as waiting for a full blown replacement.

Reactions: Fomalhaut
Comment

jdcohnsf

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2020
Had Apple already started a new delivery process for you (with the same order number) with a revised delivery date, or did you still have the original delivery date on apple.com?

I'm wondering if Apple sending a replacement unit automatically invalidates the original shipment, even if the latter is subsequently found by the shipping company.
As of yesterday, Apple was asking UPS to investigate but I have not yet heard back and have seen no evidence of a new delivery process. The only change I have seen is the 11/29 UPS scan for departing Shanghai facility.

Comment

BlazePhyre

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
The flight I was tracking left Memphis 25mins ago, but still no update. Either they scanned departure when they loaded the plane which doesn't track with what I've been seeing lately, but the plane was there for a long time and at the time of my scan, or they're driving it and I've lost a lot of hope for tomorrow. About 45 minutes until I know. Ugh. Ready for this ordeal to be over.

gonna be bummed if they said "eh it's not scheduled until Thursday let's waste gas and time by driving it when a plane leaves in a couple hours"

Comment

captchas8

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2020
@Gnattu any new flights arriving or departing Shanghai PVG? I'll be really frustrated if 11/21 shipments were able to leave because of one 767 and UPS does not fly again for a week, leaving 11/20 and 11/19 shipments behind.

Comment

jazz1

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Mine has been stuck in “Preparing To Ship” for two days now. I guess they are really, really, really, doing some careful packing :p.

Comment

Gnattu

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2020
@Gnattu any new flights arriving or departing Shanghai PVG? I'll be really frustrated if 11/21 shipments were able to leave because of one 767 and UPS does not fly again for a week, leaving 11/20 and 11/19 shipments behind.
Not yet, I really hope they can schedule a flight this week.

Comment

rbf1138

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
Are orders arriving after the estimated delivery window given when ordering? I ordered a customized M1 Air a week ago, with delivery as “December 11-18”. Has Apple been on time/within those windows or are they missing them?

Comment

xdan

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2020
I ordered two Pro Display XDR’s with the Pro stands back on 11/16. The displays were shipped by fedex, and the stands by ups. Displays arrived on 11/20.
stands show departed 11/20 from Shanghai, and then on 11/24 delay with no update since. Looks like it wasn’t just the new macs delayed.

Attachments

• 75322CD5-BF19-434C-8728-2E0FA9F812A5.png
    75322CD5-BF19-434C-8728-2E0FA9F812A5.png
    973.8 KB · Views: 0
Comment

Kalae

macrumors member
May 19, 2020
Are orders arriving after the estimated delivery window given when ordering? I ordered a customized M1 Air a week ago, with delivery as “December 11-18”. Has Apple been on time/within those windows or are they missing them?
I don’t think they have really been missing these too much. Even as someone who is/was stuck in Shanghai for a week, my window was Nov 30 - Dec 7

Comment

ElBerserko

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
I don’t think they have really been missing these too much. Even as someone who is/was stuck in Shanghai for a week, my window was Nov 30 - Dec 7
Same. I am not going to complain unless I don’t get my order after the window closes on Dec 7. No use complaining because I didn’t get my order early. Even being completely stuck in Shanghai for a week Apple can still deliver within their original window. Just need to be patient and not stress over it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.