Apple Site Pictures of Keyboard vs. Actual Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rmc4139, Nov 9, 2008.

1. rmc4139 macrumors newbie

The Apple website shows a standard, wide return key, while the actual model has a long, elbowed key.
    What gives?

2. zombie1210 macrumors regular

zombie1210

My new alum MB doesn't have an elbowed return key.

3. rmc4139 thread starter macrumors newbie

A glassbook review on youtube showed one and so did pictures someone posted on this forum.

I find this very perplexing. xD

4. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Maybe those keyboards are from another country with a different layout?

5. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

There aren't any aluminum MacBooks with this "L-shaped" return key of which you speak. Your eyes are probably playing tricks on you. Can you show us this video of which you speak?

6. rmc4139 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. rmc4139 thread starter macrumors newbie

I also just checked the Apple UK site, and it shows the macbook with the normal wide enter key.

8. zombie1210 macrumors regular

zombie1210

9. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Hmm... I dunno, I guess it's just a keyboard layout for a different country after all.

10. theviceofreason macrumors newbie

UK keyboard layout

The pictures on the Apple UK site must be of US models. Keyboards on British Macs have the inverted-L enter key, with the \ beside the ' key rather than beside the ] key.

They also have a shortened left shift key with the ` (grave) key beside it and a key with § (the "section" sign) and ± on it up next to the number 1 where I think the US model has the `. And they have a £ (pound sterling) sign instead of a number sign for shift-3.

This difference would be the one downside to picking up a shiny new Macbook next time I'm in the US...

11. Gene Parmesan macrumors newbie

Some European countries such as Sweden have the enter key in that format in order to make room for extra character keys. The MacBook depicted on most, if not all online, Apple Store localizations is the standard U.S. keyboard layout.

12. izym macrumors newbie

As other have stated its probably just the US keyboard Apple is showing. I can say for sure that the danish Apple site shows a US keyboard.