Apple site says I have upgrade but AT&T says $649 price for me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amanda77, Nov 14, 2012.

1. amanda77 macrumors newbie

I wasn't planning to change phones until February or March.I still checked out of curiosity.It says I'm eligible for the $199 price when I check at Apple.AT&T says $649.I called them and they said that I might be eligible for the $449 price in January.

Does anyone know why Apple would say that I get the $199 price? I haven't tried to order it yet bcse we're waiting for my husband to get his Christmas bonus check next week.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Not sure but I wouldn't waste a second with that offer, if the system will actually let you order that.

3. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

4. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Same thing happened to me at one point. What I learned is that if your AT&T bill is "ready" then you have to pay it to see the upgrade price. Even if it isn't "due" yet, just "ready." If you pay your bill you should be able to see if/ what the upgrade offers are. Hope that helps.

5. amanda77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the help! I have autopay and they just drafted my account on the 8th like they always do every month.I'm still not seeing a change on my upgrade eligibility.I will try to order the phone through Apple on Friday evening or Saturday morning.