Apple solves scuffgate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The article doesn't say anything about different manufacturing processes, it says they tightened up QC. This means that scuffed phones won't be shipped, rather than scuffs will be less likely to happen.

If your phone isn't scuffed why would it be elligible for a warranty exchange? And if it is scuffed, why didn't you swap it out?

Comment

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Comment

Fusion79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Omaha, NE
The article doesn't say anything about different manufacturing processes, it says they tightened up QC. This means that scuffed phones won't be shipped, rather than scuffs will be less likely to happen.

If your phone isn't scuffed why would it be elligible for a warranty exchange? And if it is scuffed, why didn't you swap it out?
You are correct, I had not read the article closely enough. Need my morning coffee.

Comment

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You are correct, I had not read the article closely enough. Need my morning coffee.
No worries, but here is the thing if your phone isn't scratched why it be an issue for you? I assume you've used it normally and the scuffs happen from normal usage or even before you use it.

Comment

Fusion79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Omaha, NE
No worries, but here is the thing if your phone isn't scratched why it be an issue for you? I assume you've used it normally and the scuffs happen from normal usage or even before you use it.
My phone was fine when I got it but I have scuffs from usage. Since I take good care of my stuff and have not had issues before it bugs me somewhat. When I first read the article I read it as apple recognizing an actual problem with the phone. Like I said I had not read it right. Otherwise I love my phone. Since the scuffs are from my usage I am not going to push the issue with Apple.

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.