Apple Sore told me that they dont know if they will have them tomorrow in stores

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by EatTheApple, Apr 9, 2015.

1. EatTheApple macrumors member

I called the store today just to confirm that they would have them tomorrow and strangely enough, the guy told me that they can't tell me. This got me a little worried because last week I went to that same apple store and asked a guy in the store and he told me that they "should" have them in store. And from Ive been reading on this forum, other apple people told them they're going to be in stores....Is it normal to be worried??

Also, do you think I absolutely need to buy it as soon as the store opens (at 10)?? My break only starts at 11:30...is it worth skipping my class lol??

Its the Montreal (Fairview) store (if anyone was curious)

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I would suggest you call them at 10 and ask. If they have the configuration you want in store, I guess then you can decide if it's worth skipping class for.

3. EatTheApple thread starter macrumors member

i just asked an on the onile help and they told me that I won't be able to buy it tomorrow....?????????

Attached Files:

4. valleydesign macrumors member

I jumped on chat with them yesterday and got a confident YES that they will be sold in stores tomorrow as well as be available to order for in-store pick-up.... I wish Apple would just make an announcement. Unless they will only have them in select stores and don't want to go through the hassle of letting everyone know which stores have them and which don't? That's the only thing I can think of that would make even a little sense as to why they aren't saying anything... That and they probably want to minimize traffic at their store tomorrow with the :apple:Watch try on launch.

5. newellj macrumors 601

Well intentioned, but probably confused. On questions like this, it's best to be from Missouri. (Look up their state motto ;) )

6. valleydesign macrumors member

Just called the W14th street store and the said pre-order only. Called the SOHO store and was told that there is a possibility they may have them in store but they don't know...

7. EatTheApple thread starter macrumors member

Just called an Apple store a little further away from my house and they told me that "the date as been changed" I then asked her if she was sure that they wouldn't have them tomorrow and she said "Thats right, we won't have them tomorrow" :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

This is so strange they told me they would have them last week....I would suggest all of you to call the store tonight to see if the date at your stores has been changed or not...Is it just here in Montreal that the date has been changed?

8. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

Well that makes little sense, because there is no preorder for the Macbook.

9. EatTheApple thread starter macrumors member

Wtf apple....Im going to have a fit if they dont have them tomorrow..

10. valleydesign macrumors member

I'm just a little frustrated by this whole launch. A simple yes we will have them tomorrow, or no we won't is all I'm looking for. And at the very least you'd think that their employees would know how to answer the question. So far every response has been all over the board.

My old rMBP died and this is a perfect device for my needs. I have to work tomorrow, and I'm getting on a plane at 2:30. I don't have the time to go to the store to find out they don't have them. Not sure why they feel that keeping everyone in the dark is a good idea. It just looks sloppy.

11. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I have to agree... I know Apple are on top of the world right now, but making customers jump through hoops in an attempt just to buy their damn product will come back to bite them in the ass one day...
    All I want is a definitive "yes" or "no", or an actual date to purchase in store... It's really not much to ask as a consumer. So much conflicting info.

12. EatTheApple thread starter macrumors member

I feel that apple is doing this because not all stores will get the new MacBooks tomorrow....So instead of letting its customers know which store will have them and which will not, they're just telling everybody (now) that "they're not sure". Even though I have a pretty strong feeling that they do have them in the back right now...

For example, theres 3 apple stores in my area, I called each one and heres what each told me:

Laval: "We [definitly] won't have them tomorrow"
    St-Catherine: "We may have them, not sure yet"
    Fairview: "We can't tell you right now"

So my "theory" is that because that one of the stores doesn't have it yet, they're telling everyone that they "might" not have it tomorrow...

apple need to get their ***** together

13. valleydesign macrumors member

So I just got off chat with someone who was really helpful and confirmed what I expected. He said that the retail store WILL have them in stock tomorrow. I poked about the lack of a formal announcement. Sounds like stock will be pretty constrained at launch. They are also trying to keep foot traffic to a minimum with the :apple:Watch launch happening.

Makes sense. The last thing they want is to over crowd an already packed store with angry customers because the rMB sold out and isn't available.

Couple that with the people who are going to walk into a store knowing little about the :apple:Watch launch and think they can try one on and buy one, I can understand why they would keep potential rMB customers in the dark to keep us out of the stores. I get it. Still a little frustrated. But thanks Jeff.

14. vanimal macrumors 6502a

They don't want the small amount of people coming in for the Macbook to ruin the orders they will be throwing out for the more affordable Apple Sport Watches :cool:

For every one Macbook Retina they will sell prob 2-3 apple watches i assume.

15. EatTheApple thread starter macrumors member

Do you think I should go in early and wait in front of the store?????
    Thanks for the update btw :)

16. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I don't get why they decided to launch the new laptop and do watch tryons for the first time on the same day if they are worried about crowds or limited supply. Wouldn't it make sense to not release the laptop on the 10th and wait until the 24th if it too was so limited? Doesn't add up.

17. valleydesign macrumors member

No. Absolutely not. Especially if you are going to the W14th Street store.

*I'll be there about an hour early.. Hoping that's enough...*

18. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Like I said in a post below, I called three Apple stores near me several weeks ago about them selling this MacBook on launch day. All three told me they would have it in stock and ready to sell tomorrow. However today I called to reconfirm and all two of them that I was able to speak with told me they were not sure if they would have them in stock to sell or not.

I live in the Washington DC area and my closest Apple Store is Tysons corner Center. It's one of the largest shopping areas in the DC area in the first Apple Store ever open. I'm going to go there in the morning and see if they have the MacBook for sale.

19. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Its real simple people. Go online tonight at 12am PST and try to order it. If it lets you select in store pick-up at your store, they will have it tomorrow. If not, they probably won't. The Apple stores around me will have them but I only live a few hundred miles from Cupertino.

20. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

yes, but I haven't been in on too many new laptop launches and don't think they will have the in store pickup listed as a option tonight even if the stores will have them. Am I wrong thinking that? Do they normally have the in-store pickup option for new laptops (I don't mean simple re-freshes).

21. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

That's what I'm thinking and appears to be the new model based on quotes from that retail chief. Order online.

22. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

If the stores have them, you will be able to select to pick it up from them when you order online tonight.

23. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I understand that, but in my area, for iPhones and iPads we have never been able to order online at midnight of a release for in store pickup. I will believe it when I see it for this.

24. EatTheApple thread starter macrumors member

If I did order them at 3am EST, do you think I would have time to go to the apple store at 10, come back and if I found one at the apple store, cancel the order?? Or will it be too late to cancel the order by then???

25. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Not sure what you mean. You order them online and pick them up in the store tomorrow morning.