Apple spares wanted over the counter in the UK or Europe

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tsam19, Dec 18, 2009.

1. tsam19 macrumors member

tsam19

Does anyone know of any outlets in the UK or Europe whereby I can order a spare part for my macbook if needed ?

Without being told I need to take my machine into an apple service provide for them to fix !

Surely there's somewhere that apple don't control the supply of their parts & who fixes them.

Gladly appreciate any posotive responses.

Thanks
    :eek:

2. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Depends what parts you are after.

Hard Disks and RAM, just go to any PC component store...

Logic Boards, Cases, LCD Panels, SuperDrives, then http://macbookspareparts.com/

3. tsam19 thread starter macrumors member

tsam19

SOLVED - Apple spares wanted over the counter in the UK or Europe

I didn't think this thread was still alive!

As for the web links suggested in the replies, to buy replacement mac parts, I'm familiar with quite a lot of sites now through a lot of research.

Have also found using these sites are overpriced, lack of stock when you need the part & more so unsure / un-confident technical advice about what part will fit an actual machine!

But as the initial post I made was asking for outlets that sell Mac parts over the counter in the UK.

I have since actually found a UK Mac service center that will sell mac parts to me or any other genuine mac owner over the counter for me/them to fit for themselves!

I just have to provide my machine serial number.

Why should Apple have the last say in what I do with my machine & why should they be the ones to fix it?

They have too much control over their products when you or I own them.

Thanks for replying, this topic for me is now concluded.

All the best!

:D:D:D:D