Apple Still Has A Lot Up Their Sleeves For The Next iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iD4V3, Apr 22, 2010.

1. iD4V3 macrumors member

iD4V3

I, to be honest, was slightly disappointed with the events over the last few weeks, but not majorly. the OS 4.0 presentation brought alot of great things, but i know alot of us were expecting more, U.i overhaul for example. but what we have seen so far has been good

Second the next iphone prototype wasnt what alot of people have been expecting, design wise, i for one wasnt very happy with the look of it, something didnt sit right.

alot of people have been saying they are disapointed and were hoping for something more, but one thing most people are forgetting WWDC 2010 is just over a month a way, so many things will change for OS4.0 between now and then, Apple has never failed to surprise us at these events. and itll all tie in with the unvieling of the next iphone, we all know there is some things apple didnt show the other week.on purpose.
    the leak of the iphone prototype was over a month ago, the design could have majorly changed already, who knows?
    do you remmeber when the 3G was unveiled and when Apple said the was a flush earphone jack how many people cheered about it? lol.

All im saying is come WWDC 2010 i can see alot of people who have lost faith on apple and wana move to the EVO for example, will see something they didnt expect, a radio app could on the table who knows:) just dont hang your coat up yet.

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

"I believe every word that man just said, because it was exactly what I wanted to hear." - Space Ghost

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

The OP, and everyone who was disappointed in the iPhone, will get the new iPhone ;)

If not, good... that means I don't have to wake up at 7/8AM on launch day. I can walk into an Apple Store whenever I feel like it and not be told that they're sold out.

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I like the editorial tone taken by the OP. He really knows what he's talking about. Or sounds like he does, which is basically the same thing. :D

7. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

8. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

No one cares about specs/features. Amirite?
    Just release the same hardware as last year and rename it. The general public wont care or notice.

/s

9. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I dont think a radio app is a "must have" for people who want to switch phones / networks.

10. Carniphage macrumors 68000

Carniphage

I am sure Apple will allot a lot more resources to this platform.

C.

(did you see what I did there?)

11. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Finally verification for

Mobile hotspot at 4G speed
    Flash
    4.3 inch screen

I can't wait for launch!

12. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Actually, i think most of us on here are usually disappointed. I think we expect too much now. Before i started following MacRumors, i'd always be very happy with what Apple would present, but with following rumors and getting hyped over ideas, then to find they don't exist in final products always leaves a bit of a let down. I am happy with the new look of the iPhone though. it's just torture to wait for it. i think it's sleek looking.

13. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

I like it. I like it allot. :D

(did you see what I did there?)

14. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I'm certainly not disappointed and I don't know anyone in my non-cyber life who is.

My friends and I love the new design and find it leaps and bounds better than the current cheapo plastic curvy design, and OS 4.0 looks very promising.

At the end of the day, it's a mobile Internet device, GPS and phone. What is it that you're really expecting?

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Pancakes.

16. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Not really, no. It's too close to production for them to change the design. If they haven't started producing the new phone yet, then they probably will within the next few weeks. The factory is most likely already tooled to start building the new phone.

17. supercaliber macrumors regular

My life mantra, i vote with my dollars

While I love the iPhone, i have actually tried switching twice before and failed miserably, running back to my beloved.

I will try again this summer, EVO here i come.

Why?

Because Apple builds products for mainstream moms and grandmoms, not tech heads like me. Everything is too lego simple for power users, with no relief in sight.

So I am voting with my dollars, if we don't, Apple will never listen.

Sadly we gear heads now make up a such a small percentage of users to apple that I fear that our dollars make very little noise.

In the end Jobs is right, its mainstream buyers that deserves more attention than we do, as that is where the secret tidal wave of dollars lie. He knows it, we think computers have taken over homes already, wait 5 years, Apple will shock the world with their sales.

but I have needs! better notifications, file access, external memory, flash

sorry but i am moving to evo in July

Next iphone does nothing for me.

18. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

If they don't add a toothpick and a spoon I'm NOT buying one dang it! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_X8ZZwcs4k

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner ladies and gentlecreeps!

How about the dream police? ;)