Apple Stock of 16GB 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beanoir, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Beanoir macrumors 6502a

Beanoir

Hi Forum,

I have an iPhone 3GS 16GB which has developed 3 hairline cracks and can be replaced by Apple. I have booked an appointment at my local Apple store, but I just noticed that Apple no longer offer this particular model for sale, I presume though that they must have a stock of refurbished units still though with which they can replace mine with? Or will it be sent away for repair, which to be honest would be a bit of a pain.

Cheers!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think they have refurbished ones sitting around. If they don't you could try telling them that you can't be without your phone while it is being repaired and try to get an upgrade. But they should have refubs to give you.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yup, they still have 2Gs around, so I would highly doubt they're out of 3GSs. Depending on the store there may be a slim possibility that they don't have any on hand, but I would be surprised.

4. Beanoir thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beanoir

All sorted now, just picked up my replacement.

Good news - it was nearly 4 months out of warranty and they still were happy to replace it free of charge

Bad news - just got back to the office to set it up and realised the "home" buttom requires the iron fist of war to make it respond!!!

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

5. NathanA macrumors 6502a

So go back and get it replaced again. Your replacement iPhone comes with a minimum 90 day warranty (and at maximum, the balance of your old warranty, which in your case is 0).

-- Nathan