Apple Store: 6th Anniversary Discount

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Oct 28, 2003.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

Apple is emailing some of its customers with a special 6th Anniversary Promotion celebrating the 6th year of their online Apple Store.

Discounts have not been consistent with one report of $25 off purchases above $250, and another $100 off purchases above $999. Customers are being emailed specific Claim Codes, so this offer is not available for the general public.

It's unknown which customers are being offered discounts.

[​IMG]

2. MarksEvilTwin macrumors regular

3. dho macrumors 6502

4. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I've bought an iPod from there. All my computers come from CompUSA...

5. macboygrey macrumors newbie

Damn! I just missed making the first post >_<...

I ordered my G5 through the Apple Store... This baby wasn't cheap. (That's right... it was decked out...)

I haven't received anything yet. I want a discount on... something. :shrugs:

6. tazznb macrumors regular

tazznb

7. MacManDan macrumors 6502

I got the one about $100 off an order of $999 or more. I don't know if I'd use it though .. I'm just a poor college student after all. My friend down the hall received the $25 off of $249 or more, and we don't really understand the discrepancy.. Any clues?

8. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Full text please

Eh...never mind. Curious about this offer though. Wonder what their basis for recipients is.

9. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

I got a $100 off of $999 this evening. Excellent....

I also got a $25 off of $250 a coupe weeks ago for shopping at ITMS, which I thought was weird since I've only speant about $10 there ever.

I hope i can combine them (and my .mac renewal). Almsot $150 off in total. 15-inch PB, come to papa.

FYI. The text portion reads, "Thanks to your continuing support, we’re celebrating our sixth anniversary at the worldwide Apple Store. You’ve helped us grow into the premier online destination for Apple products, and the digital lifestyle accessories and software that make them even more useful and fun. And because you’re one of our best customers, we’re offering you this special discount of $100 off your order of $999 or more when you shop online at the Apple Store by December 15, 2003.

So pay us a visit and browse among what we believe is the best collection of innovative digital products available anywhere. We’re proud to be leading the way into our increasingly digital future, but it’s customers like you who make it all possible. Please accept this gift as a token of our thanks and appreciation. "

10. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Ive bought 2 computers from the real life Apple store. I wonder if Ill get anything...

11. MacManDan macrumors 6502

Re: Full text please

Edit: Hmm .. originally he wanted the full text.

I've bought the following from the Apple store in the past year: 15 gig 3rd gen iPod, some accessories for it, QT Pro, and Panther. I haven't purchased a new Mac or anything. I don't think I've come close to $1,000 in purchases.

"Thanks to your continuing support, we’re celebrating our sixth anniversary at the worldwide Apple Store. You’ve helped us grow into the premier online destination for Apple products, and the digital lifestyle accessories and software that make them even more useful and fun. And because you’re one of our best customers, we’re offering you this special discount of $100 off your order of $999 or more when you shop online at the Apple Store by December 15, 2003.

So pay us a visit and browse among what we believe is the best collection of innovative digital products available anywhere. We’re proud to be leading the way into our increasingly digital future, but it’s customers like you who make it all possible. Please accept this gift as a token of our thanks and appreciation."

Attached Files:

12. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Oops

I edited after I saw that what I figured was the full text was at the beginning of the thread. Thanks for the full text and image though :) Waiting for mine ;)

13. billyb macrumors member

i want the other one

I've bought an iPod from the site, but nothing bigger. I got the $25 off coupon. maybe they give the smaller one to people who've bought less than a computer? a guess, when more people post i'm sure we'll figure out if there's a pattern.

but i'm in the market for a new powerbook right now, and $100 would actually be a big deciding factor in the purchase! anyone have a code i can use for $100? Or does it work that way? would it even let me use someone else's code?

bb

edit: i just read the terms and they're not transferable. darn.

14. mkjellman macrumors regular

I have ordered three computers from the Apple store, .Mac, two iPods, many games, bose headphones, three xServes, Jaguar, I got panther from ADC, QuickTime Pro 4 and 6, two cinema displays, and finaly two new sets of iPod headphones and dock cords (dumb dog!). I think I would have gotten something but....NO???? I can't understand how they are deciding who should get it and who does not get one.

15. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

I hope I get something I bought a 40GB iPod from them, a floppy drive, a FM tuner, Panther OS, Learning language software, Studio MX, and Mac Office.

16. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I've never purchased anything from the Apple store online, although I have received those kinds of coupons from them before. The best one I ever got was after I registered my iPod. I got a coupon for $100 off a purchase of $250. The most recent was $25 off of $249 or more, but I didn't use it because I purchased my powerbook at the store.

I haven't received this most recent coupon yet though. :)

Alia

17. wilco macrumors newbie

"I heard my old girlfriend has turned to the chruch. She's trying to replace me, but it'll never work."

"Can't you see, a giant walks among you looking through your petty lives?'

Great Pulp references! But it's actually "I heard an old girlfriend", not "my old girlfriend." And, "church" is misspelled.

BTW, I just received a $20 off coupon for renewing my .Mac account.

18. shakespeare macrumors 6502

I received two gift certificates within ten minutes of each other: the $100 of $999 and the $25 off $249. Very cool.

19. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I may be buying an iBook this week... man oh man it'd be nice to get one of these happy lil' e-mails.... please please please... :)

20. brogers macrumors regular

21. TommyC macrumors newbie

Any international customers get one of these or is a US only thing?

22. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

How about Edu customers?

Anyone get them who are education customers?

23. MacManDan macrumors 6502

Re: How about Edu customers?

Yes. I only buy off Apple's online store if I can get a good education discount, and I received the $100 off of $999+ purchase coupon (see my post above).

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

So...

...what did you buy from the Apple store to get a coupon?

25. candan9019 macrumors regular

I didn't get one yet and I don't want one. I just got my $20 .mac coupon and bought a wireless keyboard.

If I get another coupon I'll be totally broke. :(