Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its Apple Store app, introducing new design changes and improvements to its dedicated iOS portal for purchasing Apple products both online and in retail Apple Stores.

Version 5.0 of the new Apple Store app includes what Apple describes as a "more personal, relevant in-store experience" with product and session recommendations, in-stock notices for products marked as favorites, and the option to scan and buy accessories right from the iPhone.

applestoreappupdate-800x648.jpg

There's a new sessions tab, which is designed to allow users to find daily Apple Store sessions covering photography, music, and more, along with sessions based on owned products.

A revamped section for orders allows users to view invoices, edit shipping details and engraving messages, and cancel an individual item in an order that includes multiple items.

Apple says the app also offers a "better look" at the savings that customers can get when purchasing refurbished products.
What's New:
- Unlock a more personal, relevant in-store experience. Get product and session recommendations, see Favorites in stock, and scan and buy accessories right from your iPhone.
- With the Sessions tab, find daily sessions on photography, music, and more to take your creativity further. You can also choose a session based on products you already own.
- Manage your orders in more ways. Now view invoices, edit shipping details and engraving messages, or cancel an individual item in your order.
- Get a better look at the savings that come with buying refurbished products.
- Discover design updates and improvements throughout the app.
The Apple Store app can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Store App Gains Major Update With Refreshed Design, Sessions Tab, and 'More Personal' In-Store Experience

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Need to revert to old way of showing top free apps. Now you have to go looking for the list. Lame.

martyjmclean

Cancelled
Jan 24, 2018
I haven't updated the app yet so I have the new design sans the Session tab. I'm glad Apple are finally (slowly) rolling out a consistent design language.

bikeoid

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Haha. My bad. I still wish that change hadn't been made.

In here because I hate the App store change as well; 99% of the time I just want to update apps, not see some stupid screen that tries to tell me what I must like instead.

Now back to the regularly scheduled "Apple Store App..." conversation.

Reactions: B4U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.