Apple Store (Arrowhead) - Glendale, AZ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by NeroAZ, Jun 19, 2010.

1. NeroAZ macrumors regular

Was there tonight and verified my pre-order. was told they will be open at 7am, mall opens at 6am.

I plan on being there 6:30-6:45a to get my 32GB iPhone 4.

Anyone Else?

2. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Picking up my 32gb as well. I am thinking of getting there early to see if I can snag a 16gb for my wife since I could only pre order one phone.

3. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Confirmed with the store they will have walk in iPhones available. Guy said they will have people lining up by the AMC theatre doors until 6am when they open the mall doors. He didn't know about security rules about being on property before 6am. I am probably going to head down around 4:30 - 5am.

4. Jon148 macrumors newbie

I was at the mall around 10:00 tonight and there was already a line. at about 10:45 security kicked everyone out saying we can't be on private property and they will let up start lining up around 5am. When I got there at 10 there was already about 20 people waiting. I live close so I will probably do a drive by every hour or hour and a half to see what's going on. I'm doing a walk-in purchase so I want to be one of the first in line.

5. Jon148 macrumors newbie

As of 2:30am still no line i'm assuming due to security not allowing it yet.

6. Brad Oliver macrumors regular

I'd like to think the lack of posts about the Arrowhead Mall means that the line won't be so bad. :)

Thinking about stopping by there a little later this morning. Would appreciate any updates from folks who have lived to tell the tale this morning.

7. Brad Oliver macrumors regular

So here was my experience today. Short version: not too shabby!

I arrived at Arrowhead Mall around 11:15 am, found my way to the back of the reservation line.

The line was roughly 3 mall storefronts long, went from the Apple Store, past Sephora and 2 other ladies clothing stores.

The walk-in line was barely moving, but the reservation line moved at a decent clip. I got to the front of the line by around 12:30. Being lunch time, the Apple employees were handing out chocolate chip cookies from Paradise Bakery along with some water. They were also profusely thanking folks in line for toughing it out.

Got in the store at 12:35 pm, left about 10 minutes later at 12:45pm.

All told I was there 1h 30m, which wasn't too bad at all. And I got to sleep in and got a cookie. Sounds like this store was having a better time of it than most, and I feel fortunate it didn't take me too long.

One thing: they were completely out of bumpers. I was going to pick one up because of the reported "cupping" issues as I'm a lefty-phone-holder, but I'll have to wait on that.