Apple store at Bath Temple Gate - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Bazooka-joe, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

2. ashley8bit macrumors member

I'm considering going. Though a little torn between Bristol or Bath. Any idea when would be a good time to arrive?

3. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Well I turned up at 1pm and there were about 10 people in front of me. By 6pm, the queue was over 100 and by 7pm it was over 250 but it was quite civilised and cakes and coffee was served by the apple guys at 7.
    The only issue I had was an indian guy in front of me who kept let his family join him around 6pm with their cash in their hands. I had a word with them and threatened to rip their balls off if they didn't go to the back of the queue. I had queued for hours and wasn't going to let a bunch of scalpers jump the queue on me

4. ashley8bit macrumors member

Wow was that a typo or really PM? I was hoping to get there for 6am as I'm coming from Swindon. I don't mind being a little back in the queue as long as I get the phone. Do you know if they let you buy more than one as my girlfriend can't come with me?

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

It's been 2 per person in the past.

6. ashley8bit macrumors member

7. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Yeah sorry, I mean AM not PM and its 2 phones per person. The Asian scalpers let their families join them in the queue and they all purchase 2 at a time. Totally unfair and that's why I won't let it happen in front of me.
    I am coming from swindon too. Because of no preorders before Friday , I suggest you prepare for an overnight stay

8. ashley8bit macrumors member

An overnight stay is not going to be doable. I'm thinking of leaving Swindon at 4 or 5. Hopefully they don't sell out. It's the first line up for an Apple device for me as I usually pre order.

9. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Well if you don't get there before 6 then there will be a lengthy queue. Hopefully you will be ok and get what you want.
    The issue is that we never know how many phones each store stocks

10. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Two people queued at Bath. Just spoke to one of the Apple staff and he said that the uk apple stores have very limited supplies

11. AAN macrumors newbie

What's the queue like now? Thinking of joining it from Swindon in a few hours.

12. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Just 3 in the queue so far

13. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

There was no queue in Bristol at 8pm so it might be better than Bath.

14. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

15. Joshwa457 macrumors newbie

16. AAN macrumors newbie

Well, I didn't make it to Bath this morning but called in the apple store at midday. Supplies of 5s ran out early but there were still loads of 5c boxes covering the back counter. Interested to hear the experiences of those who queued.