Apple Store at the Beverly Center, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Iboy4, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Iboy4 macrumors newbie

Anyone else lining up on the street at this location? Remember, line up starts at the bottom of the escalator that is closest to Beverly blvd.

2. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

So when they let people in everyone will just run into the escalator. How do they organize it?

3. Iboy4 thread starter macrumors newbie

From what mall security and the Apple store representative said, is that you line up on the street, and they single file you up the escalator and to the apple store (in the same organized line as on the street.)

4. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

mmhhh what about the parking? I think Century City will have the least amount of people from all the surrounding Apple stores.

5. Iboy4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Parking isn't open till 6am. However, people that are parking for the iphone will need to make line downstairs where everyone else is. Beverly Center did the same organized line-up for some Nike promotion a while ago. I can't do CC as I have to run straight to work after, which isn't close at all to Century'.

6. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

So then do people just park at the parking-spots of surrounding stores? Anyone knows how the line was last year?

7. Iboy4 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think the best bet is to park on the street and camp out. I too would like to know how the lines were last year.

8. mugwump macrumors regular

Heh, I was here for the first iPhone day, and it was somewhat manageable but horribly slow. The front group of 100 lined up in front of the doors, but you had to have a wristband or something to get into that line. I managed to get one even though they closed that front group a few minutes before I got there. The second group was lined up outside.

I was at the 3G launch here, too, but nothing stands out in the memory about it. I may have gotten there an hour before opening time and it was not too bad of a wait. Later that day there was apparently no wait at all.

Anyhow, are you all reserved or non-reserved? I suppose they will push through the reserved ones first before beginning the walk-ups. That could take two hours, but who knows. I have a reserved one and am thinking about getting there either at 6am or 10am, before or after the immediate rush.

9. Iboy4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you know where they started the line up before opening last year?an apple employee told me the escalator by the quiznos, true? I wasn't one of the lucky ones to pre-order, so I'll be waiting and praying lol!

10. mugwump macrumors regular

Yeah, it's the escalator on the north side of the building, which is next to quiznos. Go there first, and depending on what time of day you may be able to just go up to the store without waiting down there.

11. Iboy4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I have a friend that is going to wait in line for me over night, so I'll let him know lol! Hopefully I'll be one of the first and I can be in and out within 30 minutes, as I have to work that day.

12. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

and where do you go for bathroom-breaks if everything is closed at night?

13. Iboy4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Corners, dark corners.

14. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

Gotta remind myself not to shake anybodies hand should I wait there...

15. Psycdude macrumors member

This makes sense to me, I have one reserved and I plan on showing up around 10am following the rush...

16. heatherlovesmac macrumors newbie

Hmm thinking about it! This one is closest to my work. I drive by there a few times a day guess I could keep tabs on if there is a line or not. I didn't pre-order either. This place really isn't set up for this kinda thing...

There would be no where to pee haha, maybe walk over to Jerry's (24 hrs i believe) or the hospital?

Really think Century City would be better? I'd imagine The Grove would be the worst option.

For my 3G I went to an AT&T store in like Panorama City (a less affluent neighborhood) to avoid the rush, and it worked. But I'm doubting anyone but Apple will have em on launch day.

17. Iboy4 thread starter macrumors newbie

I really hope that there is just two lines at the Apple Store - one for pre-orders and one without. I unfortunately wasn't able to pre-order, but plan on being one of the first in line. I am going to call Apple tomorrow and see how exactly the line-up will work and how many non-pre-order customers they will let in at a time. It would suck if I had to wait even longer once the store opened!

18. heatherlovesmac macrumors newbie

Yea, I'm curious if there is going to be any phones, or at least some. If they will only have a few I can just suck it up and wait a few weeks. *as I'm on my 4th hour of trying to install ISO4 on my 3G* hahaha

Just the way the mall is set up I'm assuming it'll be complicated. Everyone lined up by Quiznos and getting us up to the 7th floor in an orderly manner seems complicated.

19. mugwump macrumors regular

Well, the good news is that we will read about the east coast stores and how they open before things heat up on the west coast. So we'll have a lot of info by the morning.

20. heatherlovesmac macrumors newbie

That's true! There was nobody lined up tonight haha so that's a good sign LOL! will keep my eyes peeled tomorrow night.

21. petsounds macrumors 65816

They're making everyone wait outside? That's weird. I was at launch day for the 3gs at Bev Center and we just waited in front of the Apple Store. Line was only about 50-60 deep. Compared to the Glendale mall which was completely overwhelmed. May have to rethink going to this store if it's going to be that busy.

22. tommyboy21 macrumors member

Sorry for the late update guys...I drove by there about 7:30 PM and didn't see anyone in line outside. So, I don't know if they are lined up inside...but I thought it was a good sign. Not sure if the news of the screen issues and phone reception are discouraging some. Anyway. Hope everyone enjoys the night! :)

23. Iboy4 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dropped a friend off tonight to wait in the line. This is what I know so far...

There are two lines: one for pre-orders and one for none pre-orders. The line originated at the escalator where Quiznos is. However, security has moved them around three times already.

My friend as of now is sixth in line. A couple of the guys in front said that Apple was opening their doors at 7am to all that have pre-orders. However, if you don't have a reservation you will be able to purchase a phone at 9am!!

No word on how many extra units this location will have to offer non reserve customers.

24. jtbecke macrumors newbie

just curious how it's looking now. anyone out there who can update the line situation? thanks!

25. Emerson Quevedo macrumors newbie

@jtbecke: 30 minutes ago there were about 11 people in line...