Apple store camping out

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Mutherluver, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Mutherluver macrumors member

Just a couple questions i was thinking about today.

1. Do these people camping out literrally stay there all day and night for days?
    2. how do they eat/get food?
    3. where do they get power for their gadgets?
    4. what happens when they go to the bathroom, possible to lose their spot or get stuff stolen?
    5. are they crazy?!

2. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I waited last year at the Apple Store Corker Park in Westlake, OH. Super rich area so security/safety isn't an issue. I didn't bring a chair with me but after you've waited long enough around the same people they will let you back in line if you have to go the bathroom. As for power? Bring a book, i saw lots with iPad.

3. Mutherluver thread starter macrumors member

i waited for a wii back in the day (i know, lame) but it was only like 6 hours. lol. i was exhausted after that

4. falcora macrumors 6502

The majority of people who camp out only do it for less than 12 hours. I've done a few Apple campouts, and the bulk of people show up after midnight or early hours of the morning. I typically get there around 5 or 6 pm the night before.

5. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Are there typically lines when you get there at that time? I'm thinking about heading over at midnight; should I be expecting a decent line?

6. falcora macrumors 6502

When I get there by 6pm, I am usually in the first 10 people in line. Sometimes 15.

7. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Yikes, which store/area?

8. falcora macrumors 6502

Salt Lake City, UT