Apple Store - Chapelfield, Norwich, UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Veest, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Veest macrumors newbie

Anybody else joining the party? What time are you queuing?

I've reserved a 32GB Black!

2. DrummerBASS macrumors regular

I've got one reserved, but really can't be bothered to queue for the hours I inevitably will. I'll probably try all the other local shops first, and if I do i'll turn up some time in the afternoon.

3. ShakyJackson macrumors member

Evening,

Have never attended any launch event at the Apple Store at Chapelfield. Do they get pretty seriously queued?

Any idea what time they are open?

Shaky.

4. DrummerBASS macrumors regular

Opening at 8am. Going to be manic.

5. ShakyJackson macrumors member

SO...what do you think?, worth doing once or best to go later in the day?

I am really unsure as to the best tactic. :)

6. hamoudix macrumors newbie

No reserve

I haven't reserved one, so I will be arriving early to join the queue - they are opening early 2 days in a row, so does that mean they expect to have some left on Friday too ?
    Weather forecast looks OK so far.

7. ShakyJackson macrumors member

Not long now :D

Any idea which entrance at chapelfield will be open and how I get to it?

8. Androu macrumors newbie

is it busy...?

Can anyone on the ground provide an update as to how busy it is, what the queues are like etc etc?

9. FFW macrumors newbie

Pretty long queues for purchases and reservations when I left at around 08:30. They were doing far more reservations than purchases too. They started the reservation queue before 8am so being about 10th-12th in the reservation line I was out quickly.

10. Androu macrumors newbie

I have one reserved. I guess I should get down there and get it over and done with!

11. hamoudix macrumors newbie

Been there....done that !

Arrived bright and early at about 6:15AM - there was a small queue of about 30 outside the small doors that lead almost directly to the Apple Store. After only a few minutes the doors opened and we were let into the shopping centre and split into two queues - one for pre-paid and one for us "hopers" !!

At 7:15AM the manager decided to let the first batch of pre-paid customer through, with the usual clapping and cheering.

There appeared to be system delays in-store so everything got off to a slow start - I think there were about 10 staff handling the purchases.

Just after 8:00AM (I think) we were all offered bottles of water, soon followed by tea/coffee/chocolate and cookies - very welcome it was too !

Pre-paid were given a faster queue (only fair as they had already stumped up their money in advance).

Manager told us that if the queue got so long that there wouldn't be enough iPhones left he would inform the new queue joiners - again, good idea - would't want to queue for hours and then be told "Sorry, none left".

Eventually got mine at around 9:30AM and then left to go to work - I'm tired now after a 5:00AM start :-D

They are open early again tomorrow but whether there will be any stock left is debatable.

Can't wait to get home and plug her in !