Apple Store Did Not Honor My Reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mistercrabby, Sep 16, 2016.

1. mistercrabby macrumors newbie

Had a confirmed in store pickup reservation for the 8am to 8:30am window for a 7+.

Showed up at the Georgetown, DC store during my pickup window. Stood waiting in the store for an hour while I was told they were looking for my phone.

Eventually they told me to leave because they had did not have the phone that was reserves. Claimed it was "in transit."

Was not provided an estimate of when the phone would be there by the staff...they said maybe today, maybe this weekend, or maybe not any of those times.

It was a very disappointing experience, and not a great feeling to know that my time was not valued.

Staff were nice about it and clearly it was not in their control. But why make me wait an hour? Why not send a notification that morning when they knew they didn't have the phone.

2. Gzalito macrumors member

Question is.. did your order status showed "ready for pickup" at 8:00? Or still processing?

3. mistercrabby thread starter macrumors newbie

I received an email saying my reservation was confirmed and to come to the store during my pickup window.

4. Gzalito macrumors member

Ok but did you pre ordered it on the 9th with the pick up on store option? Did they carged your CC upfront?

5. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

That's a huge issue that's not cool at all...

6. sammyman macrumors 6502a

This was a glitch in their reservation system. They had the phones the whole time. I was able to make a second trip back in the evening and collected my phone and also asked for a free case. They gave it to me and I was in and out in 5 min.

I refused to wait again, btw, I just found the employee that helped me the first time and explained the situation.