Apple store DOWN already!

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Yay, it went down when I was trying to find a charger, so something will be available from today.

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
The stores are down because they are most likely adding the products with information/prices etc.

Also if there's information on what day you can pre-order (if applicable)/buy it.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
There's always a chance?
People of this message board live within a bubble, we know the full specs of a device before it even launches.

The people outside of the bubble still have no idea a new phone is coming out, so their is no way Apple will offer pre-orders after the event, the word must spread first to the common folk.

I also believe ABC is advertising they'll have exclusive access to the iPhone announcement at some point following the event. So Friday is still the earliest I would guess pre-orders become available.

Yakibomb

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2014
Cape Town
People of this message board live within a bubble, we know the full specs of a device before it even launches.

The people outside of the bubble still have no idea a new phone is coming out, so their is no way Apple will offer pre-orders after the event, the word must spread first to the common folk.
I understand that I may be living 'within a bubble':rolleyes:, but I just found it strange that the store is down, in my experience I've never noticed it go down before an announcement, but that may just be my lack of attentiveness

Astorian

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
Do the languages in which the message appears tell us which countries will be in the first iPhone 6 wave?

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Also they are going to updating the prices for the iPhone 5s, 5c, and removing the 4s. No way we get pre orders today. I sure hope they do pre orders, but they have to give people a chance to hear about it.

Other than people like us that follow blogs, and post on forums. People don't know anything about this stuff until they see if on the news, or on TV commercials.

recoil80

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2014
Even the italian AS is down, but I'm sure we won't be among the "day one" countries, no pre order for us and no iPhone before october.
I don't think they'll allow to pre order today, they'll change apple.com to showcase the new products and maybe make some minor changes to the Store, like price drops for iPhone 5C, removing the 4S and so on