Apple Store Employee Says Rumor Sites May Delay The Enjoyment Haha--Take a look.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by NyMetsFan08, Mar 1, 2009.

1. NyMetsFan08 macrumors regular

Here's one of my conversations online with an Apple Store Employee, She must me a member here as well haha pretty funny.

You are chatting with Melissa C, an Apple Expert

Hi, my name is Melissa C. Welcome to Apple!

Melissa C: Good afternoon.

Melissa C: Would you like some assistance with your shopping?

Not really, I am just debating if I should buy an iMac now or wait a few more weeks.

Melissa C: Why would you want to wait?

In my opinion, it just has not been updated for awhile, and I feel that it may be getting some sort of an update soon in a few weeks. I really want newer hardware such as a better graphics card similiar to what the Macbook Pros has.

Melissa C: I understand. However you are aware that at this time we have no information about updates and by listening to the rumor sites you may simply just delay the enjoyment of having your Mac now?

oh okay that's fine but I am going to wait and thank you very much, bye now.

Melissa C: Thank you for visiting the Apple Store. We appreciate your business. If you would like more help, please chat with us again.

Thank you for choosing the Apple Store. If you have any additional questions, please chat us again.

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

There is some truth to what "Mel C." (wasn't she one of the Spice Girls? Times must be tough) is saying: consider, for example, those who've been waiting for an update for the mini for a year or more. That's delayed enjoyment if ever I saw it . . .

Then there are those who say waiting makes it feel better.

3. PuckDaddy macrumors regular

PuckDaddy

waiting has gotten me looking at other options

i cannot comprehend why saying nothing is to their benefit
    surely desktop sales across the board are down to idling
    getting at least some pre-ordering going will generate flow (and interest, hype) it's not like the things need to start shipping tomorrow

just tell me what the thing is gonna be .... and let me order it
    the same funds that are set aside for a desktop update is dangerously close to being spent elsewhere

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

you chatted with an Apple Online Rep just to say you're not going to buy anything?

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I'm just confused why you would initiate a chat just to tell the CSR you have no interest in purchasing right now.

6. roski11 macrumors regular

That was my first thought.

epic phail

7. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

Hmm, I'm thinking about posting in this thread, but I'm not sure if I want to or not.

Yeah, I guess I will.

8. TrapOx macrumors 6502

Maybe I should wait to post, but that would simply just delay the enjoyment of posting right now.

9. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

I think you should post now, otherwise you maybe be delayed in your enjoyment of thread.

What would hilarious is the rep talked the guy into ordering, only to then tell him they were out of stock for some reason at the moment and would have to wait 10days for delivery.

10. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

Lol good lord. The man has a case of needing acceptance for every purchase. It is certainly part of the "science" of pre and post purchase analysis, but that is a little extreme, lol.

Though I'm not sure if you can knock him that hard; you did take the time to thread-stalk him to quote every ridiculous question he has had :rolleyes:

11. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

He is the type of a person, who eventually has the money (or not), enough time in his hands and doesn't do anything useful his all day (maybe even life).

I don't understand, why would somehow contact any Store if he doesn't want to buy something.

12. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

He's a NY Mets fan what do you expect? :eek:

I'm telling you guys/girls the new iMacs at least will be announced tomorrow. How do I know this you ask? I know this because I could not wait any longer and went and pulled the grigger on the 3.06GHz 24" last week. And so it is written that Murphys Law will always be following me and waiting to slap me on the back. Thus, new iMacs announced tomorrow. :p

13. daflake macrumors 6502a

Is that = to troll? :eek::p

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No thread-stalking necessary. Just click on the OP's name and go down to "Find more posts by....." Almost all of his threads focus on the same thing, pre- and post-purchase analysis.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That 'disease' is epidemic on this site. Despite being here for years, I will leave for good when the first post asking to help someone choose their toilet paper appears. :rolleyes: We've come close.

16. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I'm going to the megamart later but I can't decide:

[​IMG] OR [​IMG]

Of course, if Angel Soft releases a 4-ply next week like I read they were going to, I'll probably return whatever I buy today.

17. roski11 macrumors regular

You really can't go wrong with aloe.

18. otis123 macrumors 6502a

lol, i asked a CSR a month ago "are the MBPs going to be updated soon?" "hello the MacBook Pro was last updated in october" "i know that, are they going to be updated soon?" "apple does not comment on rumors or speculation, goodbye." CSR adam has left the chat.

its like he hung up on me, it was kinda funny.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Charmin ... nothing beats it.

20. iMacmatician macrumors 601

The 2009 Charmin and Cottonelle Toilet Paper: Everything We Know

21. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Hahaha, "I'm waiting for the 2010 8 Roll release"
    "So what are you using at the moment?"
    "Nothing... I'm waiting... Painfully, waiting."