Apple Store exchanged new MBA 5 times in 10 days for Mavericks battery issue, but wha

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Jaranson, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Jaranson macrumors member

Apple Store exchanged new MBA 5 times in 10 days for Mavericks battery issue, but what do they do with the 5 that were returned? Will they swap the batteries out before reselling them as refurbished? Or will they just do what Best Buy usually does, which is to put the MBAs back in the box and just sell them at 15% off?

2. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

How could you even test 5 Airs for a battery issue in 10 days?

3. robvas macrumors 68020

Really tired of hearing about battery whiners. You'd think the store would inform them of what kind of usage will give you the advertised battery life and quit letting people return them over and over....

4. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

That's what happens when you advertise full day :)

5. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    agree. should be 2 strikes and you're out ;)

6. Robyr macrumors regular

I know your sentiment, but this was NOT usage related. Seriously, 10.9 had an issue where the audio subsystem would break, and cause the kernel to eat 100% of a core of the CPU. It would do this until you reboot, essentially halfing your life.

Regardless, OP seems like a problem customer everyone hates, second guessing every second (check out his other recent posts and topics.) He was informed that it was a software bug, and that the fix was to go back to ML, by me personally multiple times.

7. Jaranson thread starter macrumors member

how am I a problem customer when I didn't even want to exchange them in the first place? (by the exchanges, I had to shell out money to buy a new palm guard)

it was the Apple Store employees at two locations that told me to exchange it. they insisted that therewasno battery issue by updating to Mavericks. (which was confirmed by the 6th MBA that no problem with the battery life)

8. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

Your "Estimated Time Remaining" just estimated what you wanted to see. Had you kept any of your prior MacAirs your "Estimated Time Remaining" would have settled in at an average usage rate which likely would've have increased as Finder finished organizing itself. It takes a few days at minimum for that to finish. Had you searched while you started new threads you would have seen that this is usually the case with a new machine.

Or, you could've pulled out your handy, dandy stop watch on your iPhone and ran calibrated time tests to confirm your actual usage time.

Instead, you decided to obsess over your "Time Remaining" instead of using your new machine. You get 30 days to return it and I bet if you waited 31, Apple would still take it back.

On the other hand, If it starts smoking, take it back right away.

Apple's retail model is to satisfy the customer and most customers get a new machine because this satisfies most customers immediately. They're the manufacturer as well as the retailer. This gives them much more room to absorb and recycle returns with confidence. Obviously you either have gone back to the same store over and over or you've been flagged. Hence the last return option. They're giving you one last chance as a customer before they fire you.