Apple Store in Canada amazing Customer Service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TestedLion, Dec 12, 2011.

1. TestedLion macrumors member

Girlfriend accidentally updated my iPhone 4S to 5.0.1 (she was using my Mac and iTunes..etc.etc.) and as a consequence of her being 'helpful' my phone got updated to 5.01...battery life & WiFi issues ensued. Went in to Apple Store (Sorry, I really am not willing to say which one/where..as I don't want people to abuse) and told them as a result of the update my battery life was dropping about 40-ish% in 4 hours time (which I knew to be true for my iPhone as I previously had tried to updat to 5.0.1, tested..and went back to 5.0 while Apple was still signing for the 5.0 IPSW). 15 minute wait for an Apple Genius, about a 15 minute session/interview with said genius...then he ordered me a replacement iPhone 4S (which I've been told are still coming with iOS 5.0).

Thanks Apple Canada for being completely reasonable. The Apple Genius actually took me at my word.
    I know everyone doesn't have the same success story as I do..but what worked for me was I demonstrated I was extremely familiar with the iPhone and iOS and had attempted every solution possible before coming in. He asked me several questions..we went back & forth...and he saw no need to even doubt me. He ran a test through safari (went to: diag://*****) asked me a question or two about an app I was running..and I got my R******* and a brand new iPhone coming in 3-4 days!! Love this company.

2. Braulioe macrumors newbie

Glad you are happy with the customer service.

I purchased an unlocked 32 GB 4s that arrived about 22 November. It had a defect in the audio and Apple gladly sent a replacement after I returned the defective phone.

The replacement phone arrived 6 days ago. It had iOS 5.0.1 installed. It doesn't bother me since I have had no battery issues.

I doubt if Apple is shipping iPhones from the factory with iOS 5. installed.

3. TestedLion thread starter macrumors member

ugh. That doesn't bode well. I wondered..but the 'genius' assured me the phones were coming with 5.0 installed.

Hmmm.

It seems the best I can hope for is to get a phone which works well with 5.0.1.

I appreciate your input.

4. TestedLion thread starter macrumors member

actually

after only waiting a day...got my replacement iPhone..and I'm glad to say it's running 5.0

serial #C38GJ

Thanks again, Apple.